Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shiny Shiny girl chooses PSP

Blog Entries

psp Shiny Shiny girl chooses PSP

via pspfanboy

The debate about whether or not PSP appeals to girls continues. Shiny Shiny, a popular gadgets website targeted towards girls, has an interesting take on the DS versus PSP debacle. Kimberly, a blogger on the site, admits to having a DS bias. Like one CNET editor stated, the stylus controls were attractive: "I liked the idea of the stylus and touchscreen." However, the honeymoon was over quite quickly: "[The DS] offered familiar, but interesting challenges ... for about a month."

Why the sudden change of heart? Apparently, she got her hands on a PSP, and found using a more conventional control scheme with PSP made gaming much easier: "I found the PSP's games and controls to be much more intuitive than the Nintendo DS Lite." Kimberly had to constantly refer to the instruction manuals in DS games to understand the controls, while PSP offered a more familiar environment. Like we predicted, DS fans that actually give PSP a try will find that much of the bias against the system is unfounded.

"The PSP's ability to do more might account for its poor battery life compared to the DS Lite. In this episode of gadgetry smackdown, I concede the battle to my buddy/nemesis and will go get myself a PSP"

actually my ex. girlfriend owned a psp after i told her about how she can change themes and use the internet so she bought one and i downgraded it for her and she thought it was awesome

psp just plain rocks.

I know a girl at school that owns a Nintendo DS Lite, and she told me that she wanted a PSP. When she played DOOM 2 on my PSP, she wanted one even more.

To be perfectly honest, who cares???
    If you can afford it, get both if you feel the need, if you cant get the one you feel is appropriate for you, but don't bad mouth people, become a "Fan-Boy" over a console, take cheap shot's at people because they have a different opinion than you, it's just not worth it.
    They are both good systems and appeal to many people, only the small minded people will say "my consoles better than yours!" it pathetic and immature, why cant we all just get along nicely?

pspfanboy is always coming up with crap articles like this. they're always accusing us ds fanboys of incorrectly dissing their system but the truth is, they do it on a much bigger scale, with bull$#@! evidence.

i mean seriously "i met this girl and liek she wants to get a psp to replace her ds, lol that must mean psp is better than ds"

get ur act together fools!

DCEmu Newbie

mikebeaver, I totally agree, but your comments will affect people just as much as the fan boy comments do, not at all.
    As for Adrenalin, did you read that recent rumour busting that PSPfanboy put together. They are very reasonable about the DS, even showing certain things are better on it then the PSP. Also, anyone notice how Nintendo are changing their products names to be shorter and more like the competition? Or is it just me?

I don't think you know what you are talking about, if you had read that website they recently put up, you would know that they are not accusing all DS users. They are just trying to show that the lines the DS people throw at us when trying to show the DS is better is unfounded, there is not single line that attacks the DS, they only show facts and user opinion. The polls are a bit cheeky because its mainly PSP users who would go to such a site though.

Well technically, I still do not see DS a system for girls, instead I see it for Kids, not that i am complaining, though I am 19 years old, I am still gonna buy a DS, simply just for the games(in truth, inside i'm still a kid) lol

it's not very suprising that she would rather have a PSP.

DCEmu Rookie

I'm 31 years old. Male. Father of a 2 year old and an 8 year old, both boys. I have a DS and a PSP, an my 8 year old has a DS Lite. I have to say, I love both systems. They both have pros and cons, however the pros outweigh the cons on both systems. I do like the touchscreen capabilty on the DS, Kirby's Canvas Curse is an AWESOME game, simply for the control scheme. My favorite racing game EVER for any system is Burnout Legends on PSP. I play my PSP more than the DS, but that's simply because my 2 year old likes trying to play Kirby more than I do.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information