via kotaku

Golf is the kind of sport that is really only meant to be played as a video game. Joining country clubs, reserving tee times, wearing ugly clothes, and carrying fifteen pounds of metal for a whole day looking for a ball smaller than the palm of my hand somehow doesn't beat out staying in bed and ignoring items that need to be returned to Ikea on my weekend schedule.

Right now, all the jazz is focused on Tiger Woods PGA Tour 07, but for those who like a little more fantasy on the course (dolphin sand dunes, uh, yes please!), there is a glimmer of hope that Nintendo will offer one of their famous Mario golf games for the Wii in some way shape or form after some of their new trademarks were posted for Joy Mecha Fight, Wii de Yawaraka Atamajuku, Mini Mini Daikoushin!, Brownie Brown, and of course, Mario Open Golf.

Although I desperately want Mario Open Golf as a regular game, there is the possibility that it will only be released as a VC game since it has already been confirmed for it in the European, Austrailian and New Zealand on their Wii Shop channels.