Universal Studios Florida is finalizing terms to bring a type of “Harry Potter World” to its Orlando resort, according to Deadline Hollywood Daily, which states that the entire themed area would be at a previously unused portion of the amusement park.

There’s been no official world from Universal or from Warner Brothers, which holds the film rights to the franchise, but if the deal goes through it would be the first Harry Potter theme park attraction.

Ooh, what would be in Harry Potter World? Not much if it’s only a portion of the park, because let’s face it, the Harry Potter universe could be an entire theme park by itself. Maybe even more than one park.

Here’s some of my ideas (Universal, feel free to send me a big, fat check for these brilliant concepts):

– Buckbeak’s Flying Adventure: Soar through the air on your very own hippogriff. (Picture something like the Flying Dumbo ride at Disney World).
– Hogwart’s Express: Wait on Platform 9 3/4, then board the magical railroad car roller coaster that journeys to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. (Similar to Disney’s Thunder Mountain Railroad.)
– Harry’s Great Dementor Escape: Hang on to your wizard hat as you ride this super-fast coaster that takes you from 0 to 60 mph in 2.5 seconds - the only way to escape the dreaded Dementors!
– The Golden Snitch: A host of HP merchandise including Quidditch equipment, cloaks, wands, and clothing.
– The Three Broomsticks: Counter service restaurant serving burgers, fries, and butterbeer.
– Honeydukes Sweetshop: For all your favorite candies like Bertie Bott’s Every Flavour Beans, Sugar Quills, and Chocolate Frogs.
– Muggle Sundries: A variety of mundane items to choose from like mints, sunscreen, aspirin, and batteries.
– Nearly Headless Nick’s Portraits: This is where you’d pick up pictures you took when entered the Park.
– The Leaky Cauldron Inn: No HP theme park experience would be complete without a night’s stay at this on-site resort within walking distance of the park.

I imagine there’d be areas named for different HP locations, like a Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, and Azkaban. And the areas would have street names that would include Diagon Alley, Charing Cross Road, and Privet Drive.

I could go on and on with this, but it’s late and I need to snooze and I doubt I’ll be seeing that check in the mail anytime soon anyway.

Go, go Harry Potter World!!!

via geeksofdoom