Thread: Wii crashed and not working

Default Wii crashed and not working

I was on the Everyone Votes Channel, then when I came off it back to the main menu, the Wii crashed and now I can no longer get it to work. When I switch it on, it does the usual "Press A" bit, then the menu channels screen comes up with a bit of the music, then it freezes and the music stops after about 2 seconds, so I have to press and hold the Power button to switch it off. It's been like that for about two hours now. Is there any way I can get it working again without having to send it away to get fixed? I'm not bothering too much about losing saves or Virtual games, but I can't deal with the hassle of sending the console away.

Blog Entries

unplug it for 15 seconds and try again.

I've tried that. Ive had it unplugged for about 20 mins, but the problem still happens. I was sure I read somewhere there was a hard reset or something that could be done with the buttons on the front, but I can't find anything about it.

still not workin im afraid. Looks like I'm gonna have to call Nintendo support tomorrow morning. A Bummer too, bought Wii Play today and havent had a chance to try it yet.

dont worry your not missing out on much i think its pretty bad but it only cost £5 after you deduct the controll so and im sorry to hear about your wii too thats a bummer if you have to send it away but what ive heard is nintendo have the best customer service around

DCEmu Newbie

Nintendo will probably replace it, they are nice guys ^^

Thread Information