Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Infectus Multi Console Modchip Released

Blog Entries

General games Infectus Multi Console Modchip Released

New from Mr Modchips UK is the WORLDS FIRST MULTI CONSOLE MODCHIP:

DIGG THIS NEWS AND GET IT DIGG MAINPAGED

InFeCtuS is the first versatile modchip ever released in the market, created to work with many different consoles. InFeCtuS will give you access to so many features that it's impossible to describe them all today, some are still in development and more will come in the future.

This modchip was developed with an OPEN concept, uses CORE reprogrammable, a 512kb flash on board and an USB interface for the PC communication.
    The hardware has a very HIGH QUALITY component design:

The core of INFECTUS is the new ACTEL ProASIC3 FAMILY, the new family after the famous APA075 used in the past in many PS2 projects.
    A 512Kb parallel flash SSTSF040, with a high transfer rate and performance.
    A REAL USB2.0 processor. This high quality component can manage the communication between ACTEL and PC (mini usb connector).
    All of the devices PLD/FLASH/USB parts are 100% reprogrammable via USB communication.
    The project is produced in Europe with the last technology of BSDL testing.

Because InFeCtuS is so versatile, here is a small selection of its features with currently available games consoles.

XBOX360 SUPPORT:
    FIRST IN THE WORLD, GIVE YOU COMPLETE ACCESS TO "NAND FLASH BIOS" OF X360. With "X360 FLASHER" you can read and write the internal NAND BIOS FLASH of all X360 - NEW! (03/04/07)
    Allows to gain total access over the XBOX360 flash driver, so that you can read and write the internal flash of any X360 DVD READER in the market.
    Everything can be managed with a very simple and user friendly PC software.
    FLASH ID real-time patching, your xbox360 cannot understand if there is any flash running other than the original one.
    GLOBE MODCHIP 360 100% emulation including ON / OFF LED
    NME 1.2 firmware emulation (at work 80% finished). Allow you to install the chip with few wires like NME.
    Recovery of Bricked drivers X360 (software can search the key of bad flashing drivers, if you have backup firmware allow you to flash it again)

PS3 SUPPORT:
    The first work to be done is to allow our users to flash directly the PS3 BIOS by USB. So no more problem with firmware, you can install everything you want, when you want. All the complications due to firmware versions that cannot be downgraded will not bother you anymore.
    This solution will be released in the next 4 weeks!
    Another new feature that we want to add is a REAL TIME patching of the firmware part that you want to be emulated from the chip. Being the 512Kb flash not enough to store a real dual firmware, we'll have to wait for the first hacked firmware to understand if a "real-time" patching will be possible. In case we won't be able to find more ideas, a new version of Infectus with a memory expansion bay will be released.

PS2 SUPPORT:
    Complete O2 MODCHIP emulation 100% with all functionalities (www.o2mod.com) - Included for FREE
    REMEMBER THAT O2 MOD ONE OF FEW MODCHIPS IN THE MARKET WITH "DNAS PATCH" AVAILABLE!!! DNAS PATCH IS NECESSARY TO HAVEN'T PROBLEMS IN ONLINE GAMING

WII SUPPORT:
    Of course this is a free "bonus" in this mod because, we know, most of You wouldn't install such a big and expensive chip on a WII, but being it free... it's a good chance!

WIIKEY / WIIFREE EMULATION: (under development - 80% ready). This feature will allow you to play just everything you want on your WII.

SOFTWARE MANAGEMENT:
    The possibility to manage the features using an easy software is one of the BIG advantages of the Infectus solution!

WIZARD help for the users: you will simply follow software's instruction step by step, everyone would be able to install and manage the INFECTUS MOD.
    When you will be ready to install INFECTUS on a DVD DRIVE 078 XBOX360 FIRMWARE, the software will assist you with a 100% automated extraction of the key and the patch of new firmware.
    WIZARD configuration based on XML for an automatic update of last firmware.
    X360 FIRMWARE checksum, the software will tell you if you are actually using the correct firmware (this feature is only available in WIZARD procedure)
    HELP section to allow an easy searching of X360 firmware

DIGG THIS NEWS AND GET IT DIGG MAINPAGED

thats pretty cool.
    a modchip that supports more than one console.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by kcajblue View Post
    thats pretty cool.
    a modchip that supports more than one console.
    [rant]
    it can be cool, but there is absolutely no point to this,
    a modchip can only be in one console at a time,
    so theres no point paying for a multi-console chip that may not have all the features than a dedicated console mod-chip.

maybe this is useful for n00bs that cant find the right chip for there own consoles, but if there to n00by to find the correct chip, how can they open their console and solder the modchip wires (since this is multiconsole, itll be even harder for a n00b to know which wire goes where)

The only point i can see to this, is if a professional mod-chip installer (or whatever they call themselves)
    can bulk buy 100+ for cheap (no need to buy 20+ of each chip)

for normal (personal) installers/users they may as well just buy a separate Wii/PS2/PS3/360 chips for each of there consoles, which would (probably) turn out cheaper than buying 4 Infectus mod-chips @ £29.99 each

IMO, wraggster is just trying to get this dugg mostly for the money.
    There are better mod-chips out there that can do there job way better than a 4 in 1 chip.
    [/rant]

In general anything all in ones don't perform as good as a dedicated one in anything.

I admit, im too scared to try to put a modchip into my damn ps3 . . .def not gonna risk the 600 dollars I PAID (yes i paid, not my parents)

lol, im gonna buy a PS3 soon... I got £250 soooo faaar

i said it before (when there was doubt it was real) so ill say it again. why buy a single more expensive modchip which can obviously only be used on one console at a time when theres other single modchips that are cheaper for most of the consoles mentioned.
    yes it is true that it supports 360 and ps3 - but in a short amount of time there will be single cheaper modchips for each of these.
    it was a good idea but just not practical, it just ramps the price up unnecessarily.

Just chiming in with the rest, better one thing done well than spread too thin. Also, too many maybes about the features.

This is the only chip for the ps3 so far right? This could be a solution for multi console owners that can't make up their mind about which console to put it in. I bought a xeno chip for my ps2 and found out that I had disabled its ejct button. A message to noobs, get a pro to solder and dismantle.

DCEmu Newbie

I suppose it would be good if they add support for future consoles. It would be nice if you buy an XBOX 720, a PS4 or a Nintendo Pii, and you already have a compatible modchip sitting in your old console, ready to reflash and install.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information