Thread: AES4ALL general questions.

Default AES4ALL general questions.

Well i've managed to sucessfully run Samurai Showdown 1, but now i am consitering trying even more games. But I have some compatibility questions.

1) What of these Prefethes, I know that they make it easier to run a large game but, Is there a download that has all the prefetches in one convienient location? (i know there is a KOF03 one, but it isn't included in the ase4all download)

2)Is there a Special technique to install the prefetch, or is automatic, like when converting the smaller games.

3) How do I know I've got the correct rom version for the corresponding prefetch?

4) About this romrc file, Should the one that comes with the download have all the games on it? or is there another on I should download and replace with?

5) Are there any new compatibility lists out?

I know Its alot to ask, but once I've got his figured out, I'll make a web page devoted to AES4ALL and compatibility. Thanks for any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dull Blade View Post
    1) What of these Prefethes, I know that they make it easier to run a large game but, Is there a download that has all the prefetches in one convienient location? (i know there is a KOF03 one, but it isn't included in the ase4all download)
    AES4ALL prefetch file is a file with the indexes of MMU pages (virtual memory) and those indexes are included inside .AES file when exists.

See 'prefetch/' directory of convertneo for listing all prefetch files available; those files are generated by us using coders-cable or broad-band-adapter with a special aes4all.

2)Is there a Special technique to install the prefetch, or is automatic, like when converting the smaller games.
    First, someone have to run the special aes4all for getting prefetch information for one specific game.

Then, that guy send me a email attaching this info.

And i cut the indexes for adding a new prefetch file to prefetch/ directory.

3) How do I know I've got the correct rom version for the corresponding prefetch?
    4) About this romrc file, Should the one that comes with the download have all the games on it? or is there another on I should download and replace with?
    5) Are there any new compatibility lists out?
    I do not know, you must have faith.
    Really i am not a romset expert.

Thread Information