Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PSP-Devolution Flashmod Released. Works on all PSPs

Default PSP-Devolution Flashmod Released. Works on all PSPs

via PSP Devolution Official Site

Sorry guys for taking longer than expected but there had some important improvements to be done in order to make the PSP-Devolution the top addon for your Playstation Portable system.

We are now using 4 layer technology for the PSP-Devolution which results in even smaller size. This way it fits just perfect into the PSP.

Here is a picture of an installed PSP-Devolution with our very sofosticated Flex-PCB. We made it an extra big resolution so you can see our cool solution of connecting the PSP-Devolution to the PSP's mainboard.

Large image

Sales to the resellers of the PSP-Devolution will start between April 16th and April 20th, 2007.

All resellers that have contacted us in the past will automatically receive an email from us on the above mentioned date. New inquiries are welcome, too.

We need to release two different versions of the PSP-Devolution. Thats's a 3.3V version for ta79 - ta81 boards and and a 1.8V version for all ta-82+ boards. This problem couldnt have been solved by a simple jumper on the pcb because we need to set the output values before programming the ACTEL ICs.

Features:

- Flash your PSP using the internal USB Port

- no additional USB Port required

- latest ACTEL ProASIC 3 technology

- NO power consumption

- doesn't touch the battery power in any way, powered by USB for the time being used to flash the PSP

- preassembled hi-tech flex pcb for easiest possible conection to the psp mainboard

- works on all available PSP versions incl. the new TA-082 and TA-086

- custom BIOS with a lot of cool additional features (tba)

PSP-DEVOLUTION IS NOT A MODCHIP. IT IS A PRETTY SOPHISTICATED USB-JTAG PROGRAMMER FOR A LOT OF NAND FLASH ICs. FROM OR POINT OF VIEW IT DOES NOT HARM ANY COPYRIGHT LAWS.
    It looks much easier to install than the old modchip, works on all psps, and they said it should retail for around 55 euros.
    I haven't seen it for sale yet, but it has been shipped to retailers.

Does this dual boot like UP? It says its not a modchip, just a chip programmer....

sweet. is this better than UP? and does it dual boot?

is it compatible with up? that could be ****** quite good!

to clear any confusion, its a chip that lets you access the nand everytime without any software i.e recovery mode (or at least thats what i understood from reading it). this ensures that no matter what you do to your psp's nand, you can recover it from a brick... i personally am getting one of these... from the looks of it, they werent lying when they said it was a 6-7 in difficulty in installation compared to the U.P

DCEmu Pro

looks like for the most part it's hot glued on. So in other words, looks like my kind of chip. Nothing that could kill my motherboard and i'm all for it.

Although, 55 euros is a bit on the pricey side, so i might wait a few months.

interesting

From the post I would say no, this does not have a dual boot function like the UP.

It does not contain additional flash ram to hold another firmware, it just allows you to program the PSP's existing flash without having to boot the PSP.

Agreed, what I got from reading this. was it allowed you to access flash(0/1) USB-wise without having to use OE firmware. So this is our next step in downgrading, as it would allow us to wipe any firmware off any psp as we can write directly. We could simply get an install of a desired firmware off a psp of the same model.

i just hope this is noob friendly, U.P was for pro's and i couldn't find any decent guides for taking the psp apart. hope its easily uninstallable aswell, cause you wouldnt really want it after getting OE's usb mounted flash

peace

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information