Thread: Overclock Your DS Without Turning it Off

Blog Entries

NDS Overclock Your DS Without Turning it Off

via kotaku

That's right, some of us are still playing Animal Crossing on the DS (Still?! Why?! Because my town is perfect and it's easier than re-arranging the imaginary furniture on that is making its slow-ass way to Amsterdam), so this hack is right for me and my fellow crossers alley. All you need it some tools left over from the last tenant of your apartment, and voila, it's cheating animals a-go-go. Breaking the thing just might be the result I get, but the instructions are pretty thorough and with pictures. That means it's pretty to look at.

More Details

interesting. i might just try this, it doesnt look to compliscated and it has good instuctiosns.

DCEmu Coder

It does look nice, but bear in mind you are going to need a steady hand and some half decent soldering skills. My tip would be to practice a lot on a scrap PCB before going anywhere near your DS motherboard. I'm guessing that the ARM will run ok at that sort of speeds but it probably kills the battery life though, hence why the factory speed setting. Could be really useful for emulators though.

nice. but i wouldnt spend money and solder something in my ds to overclock it.

There was a similar mod for the GBA called the GBAccellerator (sp?), and I'm kinda sad I wasn't able to get one while I could, since SNES emulation on the GBA isn't quite fullspeed. Ah well, this could be handy if Archeide adds support for special chips into SNEmulDS, which would be very slow.

Thread Information