Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

Quote Originally Posted by MemorX View Post
    I am having a problem with GMDL 0.4.16b when I am making maps.

The GMDL sometimes make the finished map-folders look different, and thereby MapThis! refuses to read them.

The demo-map _GLOBAL_MAP has folder for every zoom level that is downloaded.

But the folders the program creates, dont have theese "zoom-folders", but has a few other files, some icons and some GPSFS files, but no map-files.

Is this correct? Because MapThis! refuses to read them.
    GPSFS is correct.
    Copy the whole folder onto your MS and it should work fine.

DCEmu Rookie

First info:

Live in- Northpole, Alaska (yes it does exist)
    Firmware- 3.30 OE-A' (A2)
    Motherboard- Normal 1.5
    Using GPS unit- PSP-290
    Using PRX's- 2.71's (only ones I could get to work)
    Running under- 1.5 kernal

I folowed the guide exactly and before I posted my problems in the beggining, I tinkered with mapviewer a bit. I put it in the GAME330 folder of mine and mapviewer displays my map fine. Also I did try the green progie and both that and mapviewer could find satellites.
    But... (yep you knew I was going to say that)
    I can't get any satellites to fix into my location (yes I pushed square to turn on my gps and I set my speed to 111mhz), aka it doesn't even bother to zoom in to where I am/ doesn't bother to locate me. I don't want to bother doing POI because I just want the program to work and find me. I stayed outside for more than five minutes and even drove my vehicle for 20 minutes and no satellites locked unto me whatsoever. I gave up after my trials and hopped on this forum to gain some help from the community or it's creators. What am I doing wrong?
    Did I need to create geodata?
    POI needed?
    Wrong PRX?
    *Note I put a camprx in my root, the prx's in the mapviewer folder (not % one) and made a new folder in mapviewer call 271 with the prx's inside)*

DCEmu Newbie

hi, i'downloaded the map, but please i want to know how can i select the start point (from) and the end point (to)?
    When i click on address lookup, it show me an error"...missing geodata.dat"

Can someone help me , when i click "download the map" i don't get that pop up I don't get that screen with the long button ,WHY? Can someone help me please! thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by papanegros View Post
    Can someone help me , when i click "download the map" i don't get that pop up I don't get that screen with the long button ,WHY? Can someone help me please! thanks
    click start, goto control panel, open add/remove programs, look for a program called ".NET Frameworks 2.0" make sure its installed... i think downloading is where the frameworks comes in

if you cant find it, www.microsoft.com and search for .net frameworks 2.0 (make sure its for the 32-bit or 64 bit version of XP, if your on xp, and if you dont know about the 32-bit or 64-bit version of your operating system, right click on my computer, hit properties and look on the "General" tab and look under "System" i think the 64-bit version says its 64, if it only says "Microsoft Windows XP" then its 32) :thumbup:

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cormin View Post
    click start, goto control panel, open add/remove programs, look for a program called ".NET Frameworks 2.0" make sure its installed... i think downloading is where the frameworks comes in
    that wont be the problem because if you dont have .net 2.0 then you wont even be able to start gmdl.
    sorry this isnt your answer - papa, just ruling out the possibilities.

Default Noob Addition to Guide - Hybrid Maps & POI Icons

Yup...New to the forum. Downloaded the app a few days ago and have been hooked since (wife's ready to smash the psp). I read through the guide, which was most helpful getting mapthis! up and running, so much thanks there.

I've been messing around with the maps, and wanted to give a little more detail on a couple of things. The first is how to set up a Hybrid Map, so here goes my meager attempt at instructions and screen shots...yeah I know my photos suck.

To build a hybrid map, follow the guides set up for a normal map, then uncheck "auto browser" and choose MS VE on the left menu bar. Wait for the MS map to load, then zoom in on the location as usual. Once there, choose "hybrid" next to VE Map on the left menu bar, and choose the hybrid button on the MS map page. Now you should be able to pull up the preview 1x and see the following.

And this is what you'll see after you generate the map using the normal method, and loading it on the PSP.

Default Part II - In depth POI's

Here's my simple steps for searching POI's to make semi-custom maps of interest. In my case, I'm a steak & potatoes guy, so I wanted to see steakhouses in my area, and here's what I came up with.

The first step as described in the guide was to click on the POI tab at the top. Once the map loaded, zoom in until you have the entire city in the view. You'll want this so you'll get all the results, which you can simply add to existing maps of the area, and this will only display POI's for that map (did that make any sense?) Anyway...moving on.

Next, click on the "Get Numbers" box on the right menu near the top. You'll see all of the Lat & Lon for the area appear. Now type your search topic in the "seach for" box at the top of the right menu (not the web page). In my case, steak house, and then click the "List" box midway in the right menu, and wait for the list to load at the bottom (this may take a minute).

Once you have the list, use the scroll bar to reach the last entry and shft+click to highlight them all. Now change the "Icon" with the drop down, and give the POI list a title always beginning with "_" (I chose _DALLASSTEAKHOUSES for mine) and click "Save POI".

The save defaults to the debug folder in the MapThis!\GMDL\bin\Debug directory. You can now copy this to any existing or future maps of this same area, no matter how large, or small you make your map. The program will only display the POI's for the area you chose.

Hope this helps someone...

DCEmu Newbie

EEEEEK... my god, well how can you make a tutorial that doesn’t give you links to proper sites... I mean I really don’t want to pay 9 bucks on some random website just so I can download the necessary files... where can I get them for free??? help... I’m sure once I have the proper stuff this will be a bit easier... also I’m running ( 3.40 0E-A ) just thought id throw that out there incase my efforts will be wasted just by trying... my gps receiver is in the mail. So yeah I’d like to figure this out.

Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Default cool

well i was alittle frustrated that the links they gave were out dated so heres the ones that work...

(http://dl.qj.net/Map-This-v0.47-Beta...2912/catid/151)
    -for "Mapthis! 0.4 EBOOT.PBP"

and

http://www.in7ane.com/psp/
    -for "In7ane’s Map Downloader" i used the newest version

the rest of the tutorial seems preatty straight forward.:thumbup:

Page 11 of 34 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread Information