Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

DCEmu Newbie

hi guys,

I am new to this and I was wondering if MapThis will calculate directions to a certain address while i am in my car. The directions for creating a trip with directions for use with Mapthis! seemed like you needed to do it on a computer first. Can you just put in addresses into the psp and have Mapthis give you directions? thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

No Deepster, that's something it cannot do just yet. I'm told that we don't currently have access to the database of "points" that would make that calculation possible, on the fly.

DCEmu Newbie

however you can put in an address, and have it draw a line from your current location, to the address, so that you can navigate the way there yourself, which in my opinion is almost as good.....

What up Meier3283, I know you....

FatesWebb

DCEmu Newbie

thanks meier3283 and FatesWebb. Putting in an address, and having it draw a line to the location is still good. I'll give it a try. thanks again!

DCEmu Newbie

can I use ''commercial'' maps? Downloading them takes a long time, so i was wondering if i could use i.e. TomTom maps?

DCEmu Pro

i followed all the steps to making a map, stuck it in mapviewer exactly as said, and when i boot MapThis it goes back to xmb.

i dont have GPS, just want the map viewer. i used the holux eboot and stuck it's folder in GAME150, and dont have the "eboot.pbp (appropriate version)" ......this guide is very vague about that pbp that goes in the root . wut exactly is it supposed to be?

help!! (please!)

Hi, im a newbie I tried doing this way as well as Deniskas video but when I go to open up map this it says "Corrupted data" im pretty sure I did everything right, I am running genuine sony 3.51 firmware, I would like to know which files I need exactly to make mapthis work because I am new to this whole thing I just got my GPS-290 today.

Thanks, Luca

I am running 3.40-OE along with PSP-290, and the maps with Mapthis run fine, but when I put GPS Mode "On," It does not indicate my location at all. There is no green proggle showing my location even though I am fixed on 3-4 SATs. what do I do now? Is there anyone out there that can do a new tutorial just for those using the psp-290? The "newbie proof" tutorial is outdated. YOU might know what you are doing, but more and more people get confused everyday.

DCEmu Newbie

I think you must connect up to 6 sats to make it work.

Time to update a broken link:
    d. Deniska’s Mapthis! Mapping software: http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/bin/mapViewer_v03.zip

having some problen getting my 3.52 M33-2 PSP with my PSP-290 GPS

Thread Information