Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

DCEmu Newbie

When I try to make my POI, i search for the location i want like a theatre. then i highlight it and give it it's icon and save. but when i load the POI on my psp it shows all the locations that came up from the search. how can i only choose certain locations that from a search result instead of all?

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,

With help from this forum, I got the PSP-290 working from my PSP-2000. The map onlines where I'm while I'm driving and received voice warning of speed limit.

If you're using the latest version of MapThis 0.5.20 then you don't need to do much i.e., no need to follow the PRT and EBOOT steps. Just following other steps in this forum.

Does anyone knows if voice nevigation is supported in MapThis 0.5.20. If so then how to set it up.

Also, how is the "X" button (Maker Set/Off) works.

DCEmu Pro

Voice navigation has been supported for some time already, so also in MapThis 0.520. You need to place messageXXX.mp3 files (where XXX = 001, 002, etc.) in system/sounds/, and make sure your route files point to these files (i.e., they should end with e.g. ",1," for message001.mp3).

The marker is simply used to see how far it is from A to B. You can create extra segments using the circle button.

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks Nieko......

I have the mp3 files you mentioned in \PSP\GAME\mapViewer\system\SOUNDS

All I heard from the PSP is "Speed Warning"

My real question, is MapThis 0.5.20 support Automatic Route Select with Voice Navigation.

e.g., Can I set a destination in the map and the PSP will voice prompt me to turn left/right until I arrived.

Thanking in advice for your time and help.

DCEmu Pro

No, MapThis can't do that (yet). You will need to download routes beforehand using GMDL or http://getroute.nieko.net/.

DCEmu Newbie

After I created the POI file using http://getroute.nieko.net/

What should I do with the file?
    e.g., put it in which folder on the PSP and how to use it.

Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

Put The POI file in PSP/COMMON. Afterwards go to Mapthis than when your map is loaded press the start button on your PSP. Now you should see a menu with different buttons. Click on the button POI Lookup and in the next screen select your POI and thats it. You should see your route now, voice prompts included.

Good luck,
    Philip

DCEmu Newbie

Thank you.

I haven't test it on the road yet but I trust that it will work as I can see the route on the map.

My GPS is working, but when i'm driving, it keeps saying 'speed warning' for no reason, ie. I'm well within the limit.

Anyone know why it does this?

Thanks

DCEmu Pro

In system/config.txt you can specify the speed limit above which Map This! will give you a warning, using the directive SPEEDLIMIT. This takes the SPEEDFIX into account, so you can simply specify it in km/h or mph.

Thread Information