Page 27 of 34 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

^Put the mapviewer folder in the GAME380 folder on your memory stick

and it should work

DCEmu Newbie

u could try to put the mapviewer folder inside PSP:\GAME folder. Worked for me.

Previously when i put it inside GAME150 folder, my GPS receiver was always OFF. Now its ON after i put it inside the PSP:\GAME folder.

DCEmu Newbie

did you try hitting square to turn it on? everyone says the 290-gps takes forever to lock on at first.

DCEmu Newbie

OK i need help! I have no idea what im doing. well i did get mapthis on my psp and everything and i got maps on it and stuff, but i cant run it because i dont have the right firmware. At the moment i have fw 3.90. Whats the best firmware to get to run mapthis and whats the best way to install it, and i dont get what kernal is when ppl talk about it. Im kinda not good at this stuff but i want gps. Can some one please help me. My AIM screen name is Cornyname89. Thanks!

DCEmu Pro

Read the stickies first, then explain exactly what you're doing and what's not working.

There are plenty of tutorials out there for installing custom firmware (from www.dark-alex.org).

DCEmu Newbie

wait so you dont have to use a pandora battery or whatever to make a custom firmware that runs mapthis?

DCEmu Newbie

quick question... I have read 12 pages of this thread... but wasn't too sure if anybody have asked this question...

I have a map of Toronto.
    I have a gps-290.
    My Gps state is ON.
    Able to grab to a few sattellites..

But it's unsually unstable at times...

There are times when I get good signals and there are times where I've been driving for 30 minutes then I'll finally lock in.

also... How much sattellites do I need to be able to lock-in accurately.

or is it just the way it is...

please somebody let me know..

DCEmu Pro

The wikibook has some info on why your location isn't always accurate. You need at least 3 satellites to get your location.

DCEmu Newbie

I've been driving for 30 minutes then I'll finally lock in.

Thats the reason, don`t drive while you are trying to get a fix. You`ll get a much faster lock if you are not driving.

Default map download locations

hey all. been suffering through the forums, havent found what im looking for. has anyone put up a website with a compilation of maps, in folders, for download? im sure the idea has come up, it being a HUGE waste of time reproducing the same maps on an individual basis over and over again which would all be identical copies. except for poi i guess. anyways, anyone know where a site like this exists??? thanks in advance!

Thread Information