Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

DCEmu Rookie

I'm still impressed with how well this works

the walkthru is very well done btw (if you're still reading this that is )

will this version in the guide work for a cfw 5.00m33-6 I am having a heck of a time trying to figure how to make a map.. they just wont simply read when I put them in psp.. i tried so many different zoom lvl and different maps (Ie: google/msn/etc)

If anyone can help me make a map for california it be greatly appreciated. I have the psp 290 and 32gb to spare .. but cant figure out how to make the maps *SIGH*.

DCEmu Newbie

hello everyone
    i am new in this mapthis thing, i tried all in the instructions and i also got my map in gmdl seems to be just fine......but when i start mapthis in to my psp theres an error in the beginning saying " error; could not start usb bus driver, GPS will be disabled "
    did i miss something? BTW my psp is running 5.00 m33
    anyone can help i reallly appriciate it...
    thanks

yea i have i problem with the gmdl like i got the map all set up and everything but when i press preview the map wont show up

DCEmu Newbie

I found a new build that works....

http://www.4shared.com/file/12149348...27199.html?s=1

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by teemothee2120 View Post
    yea i have i problem with the gmdl like i got the map all set up and everything but when i press preview the map wont show up

make sure you're clicking the preview 1x button, not the preview tab

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by tanto_97 View Post
    hello everyone
    i am new in this mapthis thing, i tried all in the instructions and i also got my map in gmdl seems to be just fine......but when i start mapthis in to my psp theres an error in the beginning saying " error; could not start usb bus driver, GPS will be disabled "
    did i miss something? BTW my psp is running 5.00 m33
    anyone can help i reallly appriciate it...
    thanks

which GPS unit are you using?

DCEmu Newbie

thanx tikker! i'm using psp-290...

DCEmu Newbie

I can't seem to get a 1x zoom level. I don't get the names of all the side streets on screen.

I'm in Melbourne Australia and I'm trying to make a map of the whole city. Before hitting the final download button on GMDL, it claims up at the top-left of the window that the download will be ~3.5GB, but ends up being only 13MB. Is GMDL abandoning the 1x level due to the potential file size? Should I use something other than Google Maps to get that extra zoom?

PSP-1002
    5.50 GEN-D2
    Last edited by Ruckus42; December 7th, 2009 at 17:10.

DCEmu Newbie

Ok, I think I worked it out. I'm now using gmdl0.5.13a whereas I was using gmdl0.5.12b before. I'm not sure if that's the reason it's working now due to a variation in my approach. I zoomed out one extra notch and de-selected more of the surrounding areas. I'm still in the process of downloading the results, but it looks like it will end up being 1.7gb in size. Certainly, this will have more detail than my 13mb map!

Thread Information