Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

DCEmu Newbie

mapthis is not so good!who can find other good soft?

DCEmu Newbie

wats not so good about mapthis? trust me, you wont find anything better out there.

DCEmu Newbie

thnx! going to get it workin! was away for a weekend:P alot of things happend in the psp scene

hey guys, i followed all the steps but I currently don't have the GPS unit, because i want to make sure it will work in my area. I live in Toronto and I downloaded the map as instructed, which ended up to be 200MB. I uploaded to my memory card on my psp and then tried opening it with mapthis!, all that happened was the orange light on the left kept on flickering for 3 hrs and nothing loaded, i got tired of waiting so i just turned it off. I quickly thought it was the size of the map, but then i made a map only 3mb big, and the same thing happens... does anyone know what i should do?

post your small map here - I'll test it

Has anybody from the seattle area been able to get the psp-290 to work? Im able to load mapthis!, display maps, but not able to get the gps unit to work. When i go to the satelite info, it shows only a couple satelites in and out but never fixed. Any suggestions anyone can give me to get this thing to work or fix satellites? I hope i didnt waste $60 bucks from play-asia to just throw this thing away. Any help would be great! I appreciate all the good work that has been put to this site.

I assume thatr you already tried standing still in open places with clear view of the sky, so...
    try
    -lowering the cpu to 111MHZ (from the same screen)
    -adjusting the device's angle

Alternatively - try it with MapPlus ISO (see if you can get a fix with it (there is a GPS screen in the prog) - if you don't get a fix - you may want to consider exchanging the unit....

here is the map i took to test out for TORONTO, its 4-5MB in size, apparently, the maps that are already inside the mapthis folder work perfectly fine, but when i load the ones I make myself don't work.

Btw, i currently run 3.03 OE-C
    I placed the mapthis and mapthis% folders in my GAME150 folder. I do not have the GPS unit, i simply want to see the map working before i buy one.

Also, whenever i replace the EBOOT file with PSP-290 EBOOT, i get a blue screen with MAPTHIS on top and Loading USB Accessory module... error
    Therefore i didnt replace the eboot file and simply ran the software with the original eboot.

Thanks again deniska.

DCEmu Newbie

ok i just tried that map and it loads in less than a second and works fine so u made your map correctly. now make sure you hae set the kernel to 1.50 (from the recovery menu), also teh memory stick that you are usuing might be bad, try anotehr one, finally i dont knwo if it makes a differnce, but ut the mapviewer folders in the GAME folder rather than the GAME150 folder. other than that i dont see what the poblem might be. hope this helps. P.S i live in toronto and i have teh holux gpslim 240 and everything it works fine, this app rocks!

-outsider

I did as you said and it is still taking it's time to load... can you please copy n zip the files u use in ur psp to run the mapviewer? I would really appreciate it. As for mem stick, i got 1 gig genuine sony, i'll go try my friend's stick today.

Page 4 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast

Thread Information