Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

You sample map seems to be missing tiles on 2x & 4x zooms... other than that - it seems to work ok...

Did you desect those zooms while generating the map? if not - this might be some gmdl problem or, perhaps some outage occured during the map download from google...

i've purposely deselected those zoom options to make the map smaller, because I thought it was the size issue, but I guess there is something wrong with my mem card.. again, would n e one please zip up their mapviewer and mapviewer% folders for me so that I can see if that will work.

BTW< which EBOOT file should I use if I don't have a GPS unit atm, i simply want to browse the maps i download

I just thought it could be worth mentioning as some people will be using very large maps, and as a result may be looking for a new high capacity memory stick.

Although this is probably not the case with nesshentai as his map is only 5mb, I would still like to mention for everyone to watchout for fake official large capacity Sony memory sticks - I got stung with one by a local seller on an auction site. It was almost impossible to tell from a real one, but the build quality on the adaptor that came with it (to adapt to full memory stick size) alerted me, and I managed to get my money back after comparing it with photos on a site showing the differences.

The problem with these is not that they are simply fakes, as I wouldn't mind a cheap fake if it worked, but they often actually put in a 1 gig chip and hard code it to report as a 4 gig chip. It shows up as 4 gig on your computer, and if you copy files to it, it shows as having copied, but if you try and access those files past the 1 gig limit, it will crash or error out.

Here's a link:

http://reviews.ebay.com.au/Fake-Sony...00000001535703

i've tried this both on sandisk memcard and sony mem card both 1 gig and both real for sure. I know which ones are fake and have been avoiding them. I am going to cry if this does not work

I would still love for someone to upload their mapview and mapview% folders that you are using on ur psp rite now...

DCEmu Newbie

Hi, i need help. i've got the software up and running without a problem using NOGPS. I just bought the 290 today and copied the 290 eboot into mapviewer folder and run the program. It got stuck at Loading accessories usb modules - error.

So i copied the 2 .prx into the mapviewer folder, the -error has gone but still it got stuck at the blue screen and the psp shut down by itself.

Let me know where i go wrong. THanks

PSP- 3.30OE-A
    Mapviewer in folder: GAME150
    kernel: 1.50

run it in 3.xx kernel

deniska, can you give me ur files zipped?

DCEmu Newbie

Angry

Okay i've got everything working out... now the maps just wont load.. the orange light just keep blinking for hours ...

i added 1X , 2X and 128X maps .. along with empty 4x and 8x folders into a zip.. named it _country ...

did i do it wrong ? it's 32mb...

DCEmu Newbie

i've just added the default _global_map .. that too can't load !!!

what's wrong here ?

DCEmu Rookie

Just out of curiosity do they work in a zip?
    Whats the saving in size - I have a hybrid map thats 600meg

Page 5 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information