Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

DCEmu Newbie

Hi.
    Everyone seems to be well keen with the gps option on psp. I'm a bit disapointed. Besides it taking quite a while to fix, is there any point having one living in the uk? Yeah sure you can see where your at on a map and where your going towards, but if you can't search for POIs or plan a route with gmdl beforehand, there really is no point.
    Now is there any way of getting geodata for the uk, france or any of europe? I've read the tutorial and understand that the european union countries have privatized geodata.
    With gmdl while trying to create geodata for London, the program crashed saying there was a wrong input string and couldn't handle the error.
    Now I've been browsing for a while and can't seem to find out if I have a solution or not.
    I've looked on torrent sites etc to try to downoad uk maps but not a chance of finding one.
    Any other uk people with the same problem?
    Also what i dont get, is how is it possible to create plans for the uk with gmdl and put them on the psp (which surely is geodata), yet not possible to download a whole city's geodata?

Hope i made myself clear.
    Any help guys?
    Cheers

DCEmu Newbie

Links fixed

and cas32, im not sure how to gt geodata to europe, and GMDL just downloads maps from google maps, ve etc with lat/long coordinates already mapped on it, so it doesnt get any geodata, it gets what the map site supplies (a bunch of jpegs with lat and long values mapped on to them) geodata doesnt come from teh map supplier, GMDL has canada's and us's becuase they are available to teh public. this gps application is still useful if u are planning a trip for example i had to go to a school in a different area than wer i live and i used gmdl to create the route, and i got there flawlessly, pretty good for a gaming handheld.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by nesshentai View Post
    I am having the same bloody problem and have been trying to get it to work for the past 4 days. Though the default maps that were already in the map folder do open perfectly fine but the maps that I make won't open and the orange light keeps on flickering. I got a friend coming in today who got it to work to fix mine so add me on msn at [email protected] and I'll let you know how i got mine to work.
    Has anyone managed to find what is causing this problem.
    I have the same issue, the sample map provided works fine, all other maps wont load, just MS light flickers and PSP freezes!
    There seams to be posts in a few different forums with people having this issue, but no resolve?

Ta,
    AJ.

DCEmu Newbie

Question in setting up the zoom levels when running the Global Map Download Tool.
    I'm having a brain freeze here.. is the 64x zoomed really far out or close to street level, or is it the other way around?
    What are the zoom levels in the sample maps?

Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

lol, good question..

Im assuming 1x zoom is the closest and 64x is teh farthest

hi, there
    I successfully installed the MapThis and loaded the GTA map into my PSP. I dont have the GPS receiver yet. Then I tried to load the trip file I created, but it never finished the loading process. Does anybody know the reason? thanks! BTW, my map folder directory is "/PSP/Maps/_GTAPlus", and I put the trip file "_to my Home" into "/PSP/Maps", is that correct? my mapthis folders are in "GAME" folder and the kenerl set to 1.50 already. Thanks again

Never mind. i figured it out. Actually you can put mapviewer folders either in "GAME" or "GAME150", they both are working fine.
    The key is you have to set the kernel to 1.5 and put the trip file into the map folder you created, such as "/PSP/GAME/_GTAPlus/_to my home".
    Thanks for outsider's great instruction.

some adds:
    for the mapview folders location
    in GAME folder: kernel1.50 working; kernel 3.40 not working
    in GAME340 folder: both kernel not working
    in GAME150 folder: both kernel working

DCEmu Newbie

OK, I'm having another problem now.. I created my own maps (from Phoenix, AZ) and it's like 96 megs on the memory stick. (save on E:\PSP\GAME150\mapViewer\maps\_Phoenix East Valley)

Well when I select "Phoenix East Valley" from the main menu, it seems like it's loading off the memory stick (access light blinks), well it doesn't seem to ever load. I let it sit for over an hour and it still never loads. I can't exit or shut off the system, I have to remove the battery to reset it.. How long does it usually take to load custom maps?
    The NY Subway and the Global Map load fine without problems.

I'm not using trips or anything yet, just the maps to view them.

Thanks

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistar View Post
    Question in setting up the zoom levels when running the Global Map Download Tool.
    I'm having a brain freeze here.. is the 64x zoomed really far out or close to street level, or is it the other way around?
    What are the zoom levels in the sample maps?

Thanks
    If you have looked at the map files you dowloaded you would see that 1x has twice as many tiles as 2x and so on and 64x has probably only a few tiles.

So 1x is the most detailed and 64x is just an outline of the whole map.

Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Thread Information