Page 14 of 34 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

DCEmu Newbie

OK... I have managed to get Mapthis working, I noticed I had two different icons to choose from Mapthis and the other one from Mapthis %.

Do I still need both folders??

Also once I start the app now, I get the 'Choose Map' option however I'm unable to choose any, no pointer, selection bar to move... if I press 'X' a box pops up and loads of characters appear then is closes!?

Anyone please???

DCEmu Newbie

Upgrade to 3.30 OE-A, format your MemoryStick an put the mapViewer 4.99 into the Game330-Folder, then it should work without any further problems..

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks but I was hoping I wouldn't have to upgrade to 3.30 OE-A as I've not seen any good tuts on it !

Is there a way I can fix my issue but stay with 3.03 OE - C ?? Hope so !

DCEmu Newbie

well, I don't know that.

I had to upgrade from 3.02, too. I found a easyInstaller to Upgrade it. With that you just connect your PSP with the PC, start the program and then start the updater on the PSP. It was quite easy.

Perhaps I've got it at home because I'm at work right now.

If I've got it on my Desktop at home I will upload it here.

Perhaps this EasyUpgrader should be linked at the Tutorial so nobody will have a problem to start the mapViewer...

So, here I am...You can find the easyUpdater right here, it's really easy:
    http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1129

Additionally I'll uploaded my mapViewer-Folder, so you can be sure that it will load without any problems - enjoy!

DCEmu Newbie

I downloaded your mapViewer.rar and copy into my GAME folder. Managed to run the program and chose my country map. GPS is on but cannot detect any sater. My PSP version is 3.10OE-A, Kernal is 3.10. Can please tell me which part went wrong? Before that i tried using version 3 mapviewer but when i on the GPS the cursor will fly to one stupid corner and prompt me an error say not in range but sater is dectected.

DCEmu Newbie

OK... I've updated my firmware from 3.03 OE-c to 3.30 OE-A, I've got further now.... I can select what map I want........(thanks Waltrock )

BUT...

When selecting a map now I get 'Map is loading', then it freezes and turns my PSP off !

I am running in 1.50 Kernal.
    Mapthis folder is in GAME330.
    I have got the proper usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx in the correct folder.
    Correct EBOOT for PSP-290 !
    The Map This! v0.4.99_beta file
    Default config file

I hope I can get this sorted ! Deniska any ideas...or anyone ???

DCEmu Newbie

Now working OK, just the od freeze on the loading map screen. Need to try this out and about though to get a true test.

Anyhow ****ing great app, best homebrew app to come out of the scene... hats off to you matey. I'll be donating once I get all the kinks sorted.

One small thing, anyone got any ideas about speeding up find sats ?

DCEmu Newbie

is it possible to unclick the 1X zoom. it waste so much space and time to d/l

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ldijc View Post
    is it possible to unclick the 1X zoom. it waste so much space and time to d/l
    when you click to download your map, you can choose what fields you want to download. In the same window on the upper left the zoom-scales are listed.

There you can uncheck the zoom-levels you do not want to download!

so ldijc, then I don't have to send you another PM. I was a lot out of time yesterday, sorry.

nerd.geek, I fixed the problem with the "Loading-Map"-Screen by setting a map as default in the config-file. Don't know why this works but it's good for me because I just use one map

In my uploaded folder I don't have set this map, so it's no problem to download it!

DCEmu Newbie

Sorry for asking this, but what's the Loc 0,1,2 for that you can change when you use PSP-290? What does it do? I have searched and havnt found anything about this!?

Thread Information