Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

DCEmu Pro

This idea has come up, it's illegal. You're not allowed to redistribute maps.

Btw., don't double post.
    Last edited by Nieko; March 25th, 2008 at 08:46.

Default What!?

its illegal!? how is that possible? than me simply going to google maps would be illegal... thus the site itself is illegal. yet it is still there. why is it illegal? the site lets you do the obvius searchs, calculate distance, etc etc, even print to physical media... ie paper to take with you as a portable solution of the maps themself. and so im guessing the argument is that one cannot keep the media as digital on their pc? yet, i can simply go into my cache or history and obtain the files i have aquired at any time i please if i am not online. the data has already been transmitted to my pc. maybe its cause im a linux user and windows doesnt have that ability, not sure, but i still have it none the less and it was designed that way so whats the difference!? thoroughly confused...... please let me know, i am VERY curious as to why this would be illegal and what documentation sprts this. o yah sry about the double post, wasent sure which topic would be more appropriate. argh... so confused.... if a site were put up with all the maps and locations by users of the program it would be an all inclusive, worldwide, gps solution.... and less hours focused on redoing already done work, and more hours focused on development.... so confused... lol. please let me know, thanks!

DCEmu Pro

Downloading isn't illegal, you can download all the maps you want. That's what http://maps.google.com/ does also. However, you're not allowed to upload them to someone else, to redistribute them. I can't just put all those maps on my server and have other people download them.

Also, according to Google Maps API terms, "You agree that when using the Service, You will not: ... download any file posted by another that You know, or reasonably should know, that cannot be legally distributed in such manner;"

There have been more topics about this subject btw., you could search for them.

DCEmu Newbie

quick informative question...

using the GMDL tool..

once a map is chosen,

you start download...

and one you clicked on download button and followed all instructions, downloading begins.

and you actually see the percentage of map data downloaded so far. Correct?

now my question.

what happens if the the internet connection get's disconnected... say you had a DSL connection and something happened to your service provider.

does this effect the downloading procedure?

i mean do I have to start another download? or will I be able to continue?

can somebody let me know...

my DSL went out, but it came back in 10 minutes... the DL map is at 50%... it is starting to go up, but did that sudden loss of connection affected any files?

DCEmu Newbie

Hey Thank you Very Much, I follow the step and work perfect, but i cant get altitude and bearing on the screen please I need some help

Quote Originally Posted by gwapingn8 View Post
    quick informative question...

using the GMDL tool..

once a map is chosen,

you start download...

and one you clicked on download button and followed all instructions, downloading begins.

and you actually see the percentage of map data downloaded so far. Correct?

now my question.

what happens if the the internet connection get's disconnected... say you had a DSL connection and something happened to your service provider.

does this effect the downloading procedure?

i mean do I have to start another download? or will I be able to continue?

can somebody let me know...

my DSL went out, but it came back in 10 minutes... the DL map is at 50%... it is starting to go up, but did that sudden loss of connection affected any files?
    If I recall correctly, the latest versions of gmdl allow re-download/correction of the maps.. just check the options...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    If I recall correctly, the latest versions of gmdl allow re-download/correction of the maps.. just check the options...
    thanks deniska!

you are right, I read that on the updates of the new version of GMDL...

but unfortunately, i already deleted the file... oh wells... seems that satellite images takes longer to download...

an educated guess, i'm assuming you are Deniska the one who created MAP THIS?!

just wanted to say thanks for all the hard work. youv'e given me another reason to love my psp.

DCEmu Newbie

Smile

hi guys!i'm new here but i'm already impressed with your level of preparation.my question is that:does this firmware CUSTOM FIRMW. 3.90 M33-2 can be used for turning my psp into a navigator?thank you!:thumbup:

DCEmu Pro

Go read the sticky about the wikibook first, you'll find your answers there.

DCEmu Newbie

ok this is weird.... I have managed to download a 512 x 512.... of a regular map.. which was from google.....

now I tried following exactly what it said to download the MS Hybrid (because I wanted to get something 3D like.. which actually looks nice..)

and for the 5th time......... I don't get anything...
    I only get those folders for the zoom levels... I do not get the GPSP files..... what is going on? and yes, the GMDL reaches 100%

I did tried resume as the folder in the end of it all gives me that NOTEPAD title (resume)... I followed the procedures and nothing happens.. I just get an error.... what is up?!?!

Thread Information