Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

DCEmu Newbie

Ok this is what I have and I will explian my situation:

PSP with DAX's custom firmware 3.40 and the psp-290 offical gps attchement.

Im from Australia and have had no problem genrating the maps as there quiet detailed of Sydney.

My problem is when running the map this on my psp I get the error "Loading USB Accessory module... error"

Can anyone suggest what the problem is. I have tried the map viewers under all the game folder and the same thing occurs. I have also changed between kernel 1.50 and 3.40. I haven't seen anyone else with the issue as I have googled it quiet a bit.

I have all the files required to get it running but im unsure as to were I need to place them. Thanks in advanced.

Oh and great work densika, I don't know how you do it...!!

read the faq - you need to pur 2 prx files in to the program folder.... make sure you extract them propoerly...

DCEmu Newbie

Smile please forgive me...

I feel pretty noobish not being able to follow a "Noobie Proof" guide but I am having problems with this... heres exactly what I have and did

I have:

.A psp version 3.40 OE in kernal 1.50 (I'm thinking that could be the problem)

.GPSlim236

.A manufactured cord for GPSpsp (I wanted to make sure it would work)

I did:

.charge the gpslim236 all the way...

.change the config file to my timezone, the baudrate was already correct (34800)

.tried moving around the app folder (GAME, GAME150, GAME 340, etc...)

Im using the most updated mapviewer and the normal app that just gets coords... when i use the app that just gets coords, it always says error when loading the device, also when using the mapviewer, i turn on GPS mode and it definetly gives me the wrong info (says im moving when im not, and says im across the country)

when using the mapviewer i use the included sample world map -- should i download my own maps for my city for this to work properly?

please dont flame, if you dont want to help me, just dont respond

AIM: Coryman876
    MSN: [email protected] or [email protected]
    Xbox Live: A Padunkadunk (just offering more contact methods )

(i use the testbot18 when im on the new xbox live messenger )

thanks all

EDIT: okay now i feel like a fool, and i will diss myself for not even glancing at the post right above me >< (its 5:30 am, still no sleep lol) so im sorry for that

DCEmu Newbie

if they do not work in a zip file ... how come the _GLOBAL_MAP.ZIP that comes with MapViewer03 works ?!?

DCEmu Newbie

i have a 4GB card ...

i have 266mb worth of map files on the computer

it takes for EVER to copy the files to the PSP cause there is a bagillion files

thank god someone made a RAR/ZIP decompresser for the PSP

but besides that ... once all the maps ( 266mb ) are laoded it takes up 2.53GB on the card.

is there any fix for this ?

how can we make zip files like the _GLOBAL_MAP.zip that comes with MapViewer03 ?

DCEmu Newbie

also ... after messing around with the config and moving files ... mapthis does not want to open _GLOBAL_MAP.zip anymore and i redownlaoded it and extracted it, i can not get ti to open.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by r2000 View Post
    If you have looked at the map files you dowloaded you would see that 1x has twice as many tiles as 2x and so on and 64x has probably only a few tiles.

So 1x is the most detailed and 64x is just an outline of the whole map.
    OK thanks for the info, I didn't look at the sample map files.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistar View Post
    OK, I'm having another problem now.. I created my own maps (from Phoenix, AZ) and it's like 96 megs on the memory stick. (save on E:\PSP\GAME150\mapViewer\maps\_Phoenix East Valley)

Well when I select "Phoenix East Valley" from the main menu, it seems like it's loading off the memory stick (access light blinks), well it doesn't seem to ever load. I let it sit for over an hour and it still never loads. I can't exit or shut off the system, I have to remove the battery to reset it.. How long does it usually take to load custom maps?
    The NY Subway and the Global Map load fine without problems.

I'm not using trips or anything yet, just the maps to view them.

Thanks

Any ideas on this? I just looked on my E:\PSP\GAME150\mapViewer\maps\_GLOBAL_MAP
    directory, and it looks like the folder got corrupt when my PSP locked up. I can't delete or write over the folder, it says the file or directory is corrupt or unreadable. Any ideas?

Your original map was probably missing some tiles on theat zoom (thus light blinking)..
    Now that your directory is corrupt - I would move other programs away, format the MS and re-istall everything...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    Your original map was probably missing some tiles on theat zoom (thus light blinking)..
    Now that your directory is corrupt - I would move other programs away, format the MS and re-istall everything...

Thanks for the reply, deniska. It's funny that you mention it now.. because the _Phoenix East Valley I have does not have any 1x or 8x subdirectories in there like it does in the _New York Subway folder.
    How can I tell if any tiles are missing? I followed the tutorial on installing hte maps correctly.
    My Phoenix map is 80 megs in size.. how long should it normally take to load?

Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Thread Information