Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

no more than a second... it will blink constantly if you hit "empty tiles" so try changing the zoom or moving the cursor (if possible)...
    BTW, it does not sound like you use GPSFS - why not compress you map with this option??? - You may get more lucky this way..

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    no more than a second... it will blink constantly if you hit "empty tiles" so try changing the zoom or moving the cursor (if possible)...
    BTW, it does not sound like you use GPSFS - why not compress you map with this option??? - You may get more lucky this way..
    deniska, I'm sorry I don't know what you mean?

I was following this tutorial when creating my map
    http://deniska.dcemu.co.uk/pspnavi-h...wer-60230.html
    I don't see anything mentioned about empty tiles or GPSFS.

Thanks again

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Cormin View Post
    I feel pretty noobish not being able to follow a "Noobie Proof" guide but I am having problems with this... heres exactly what I have and did

I have:

.A psp version 3.40 OE in kernal 1.50 (I'm thinking that could be the problem)

.GPSlim236

.A manufactured cord for GPSpsp (I wanted to make sure it would work)

I did:

.charge the gpslim236 all the way...

.change the config file to my timezone, the baudrate was already correct (34800)

.tried moving around the app folder (GAME, GAME150, GAME 340, etc...)

Im using the most updated mapviewer and the normal app that just gets coords... when i use the app that just gets coords, it always says error when loading the device, also when using the mapviewer, i turn on GPS mode and it definetly gives me the wrong info (says im moving when im not, and says im across the country)

when using the mapviewer i use the included sample world map -- should i download my own maps for my city for this to work properly?

please dont flame, if you dont want to help me, just dont respond

AIM: Coryman876
    MSN: [email protected] or [email protected]
    Xbox Live: A Padunkadunk (just offering more contact methods )

(i use the testbot18 when im on the new xbox live messenger )

thanks all

EDIT: okay now i feel like a fool, and i will diss myself for not even glancing at the post right above me >< (its 5:30 am, still no sleep lol) so im sorry for that

Okay, its been a few days of playing around with it... and i still have yet to figure it out... can anybody think of any common mistakes that i might have done?

im using the sample global map just for testing to see if it positions me correctly and tells me my speed correctly

(sorry about my noobish-ness)

DCEmu Newbie

The first thing that comes to mind is a bad cable, but its improbable. It's weird, im using GPSlim 240, which supposibly has a baud rae of 4800, but it doesnt work when i set it to that, it only works with 34800 (weird..), so try a diff baudrate just in case. Also does your gps work on your pc fine?maybe teh gps unit is defective. What is teh quality of teh signal that you are getting? high or low? Other than that i can't see what the problem might be.
    and fyi, the usb prx's are only needed if you are using sony's psp-290

DCEmu Newbie

is possible to convert maps from tomtom to mapthis format?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    The first thing that comes to mind is a bad cable, but its improbable. It's weird, im using GPSlim 240, which supposibly has a baud rae of 4800, but it doesnt work when i set it to that, it only works with 34800 (weird..), so try a diff baudrate just in case. Also does your gps work on your pc fine?maybe teh gps unit is defective. What is teh quality of teh signal that you are getting? high or low? Other than that i can't see what the problem might be.
    and fyi, the usb prx's are only needed if you are using sony's psp-290
    i need a special cable not sold with my unit to use it in mouse mode on my pc, but it can be used in bluetooth... i have yet to get a bluetooth adaptor to see if it works on a pc, i was just hoping to get it working on my psp

thanks for the reply though :thumbup:

ill try diff baudrates and maybe look for a cheap bluetooth device

EDIT: i tried the old gpslim 236 viewer, it works, i typed the coords into google maps and it came to my house... so idk why my map viewer doesnt work....

could somebody just upload their config file that works with a gpslim 236 to help solve my noobish-ness

DCEmu Newbie

Default I'm stuck...please help!

Ok hopefully I don't get flamed here. I am usually very good at guides but this one has slipped my mind on what could be the problem.

First off this is what I have:

- System Software 3.40 OE-A
    - I have the Sony GPS Module PSP-390 I have placed the appropriate eboot.pbp into the mapviewer folder for the sony gps.
    - I have extracted from 3.40 both usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx files and they are in the mapViewer folder

I have a GAME340 folder and am running the 3.40 Kernal (I tried using the 1.5 Kernal with GAME folder but when it came to starting up and loading the USB device it just hangs there)
    It starts up fine with Kernal 3.40 and says the USB loaded ok then it brings me to the main menu where I can choose the maps
    If I start the GPS function (square button) it says it is on but the signal is all Red bars and if I go into the options for the GPS it shows it as OFF.

And that's where I am at. I am not sure what its going on.

Any tips would be appreciated. I have checked through the threads here and haven't found much.

Cheers!

if you have ta-86 board - you may need an additional USB fix - read the faqs

DCEmu Newbie

Default Ta-82

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    if you have ta-86 board - you may need an additional USB fix - read the faqs
    Well first I thought this was good news...but in checking my mobo it has IC1003 on the right hand side when I open up my UMD slot. I have search forums and this indicates that I have a TA-82 motherboard.

Does the USB fix apply to this version?

Thanks again!

EDIT: Sorry to waste your time...I see on the FAQ it is in fact TA-82 you were probably referring to...I am going to try some more out...thanks for the lead!

I finally got maps to work and they load up fast, geodata works awesome, and creating points of interests is very helpful thanks felas.

Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Thread Information