Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

Quote Originally Posted by JoQ View Post
    Sorry for asking this, but what's the Loc 0,1,2 for that you can change when you use PSP-290? What does it do? I have searched and havnt found anything about this!?
    This has been answered a few times already.
    Basically this variable determines the satellite search algorithm.
    0 - start from scratch
    1 - use previously captured location (would only work if you did not move far from the location captured during prev session (the info is usually dumped in a file in a root of your MS..
    2 - use sat positions data - the fastest but would only work if the receiver need to reaquire satellites after a short pause...

I suggest using "1" as your setting...

DCEmu Newbie

how to unmark zoom level in GML when is fixed? always i must download zoom 1

(sorry for me english)

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks a lot for the guide

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by wraggster View Post
    awesome simply awesome, ive moved it to the Deniska news forum and will try and get more exposure
    GPS Applications/software for my PSP official 3.50fw, is there any?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Smother View Post
    GPS Applications/software for my PSP official 3.50fw, is there any?
    Unfortunately all firmwares above 3.03 can't currently be downgraded and so you can't run Mapthis!, and the only official software that can support the device are games like MGS;portable ops, hot shots golf and Sony's official GPS software, which is only available in Japan, and most likely is in Japanese and doesn't include much, if any, worldwide support

If the higher firmwares (anything above 3.03) can be made to run unsigned code (which judging from the current trend seems likely ) then you would be able to install a custom firmware and run mapthis

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by vera View Post
    Thanks a lot for the guide
    no problem, glad it helped.

DCEmu Newbie

I did exactly what in your guide, the sample map works fine with my 3.03OE-C PSP But when I tried to use the map I downloaded from Google Map(with gmdl), the map can not be displayed yes I use'_' before the map name and put the whole folder into system folder in my psp. I just wondering since currently I have not gotten the GPS receiver yet. can I use mapThis as a map viewer? If so, what I did wrong? Any one can help???

DCEmu Pro

If you have MapThis installed in /PSP/GAME/MapThis/, then you should place your maps in /PSP/GAME/MapThis/maps/_YourMapOfSomeCity.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by outsider View Post
    come to think if it mapthis should be in the name of teh video, edited.

@RobeTT, yes you can download maps and add poi's onto your psp without a gps reciever.
    Hey there... can you please tell me.. how can I run MapThis without the PSP-290..?? because I followed all the steps... to install MapThis in my PSP... and when I finally did it... show me a blue screen with MapThis name on top and then a message "Loading USB Accessory Module... error" also I have to add.. I put the MapViewer folder inside GAME303.. is that the right folder..?? because I have GAME, GAME150 and GAME303 folder..

Thanks in advance..!!!

DCEmu Newbie

how can i find those files usbacc.prx and usbgps.prx? i don't know how to access flash memory

Thread Information