Page 20 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1016171819202122232430 ... LastLast

Thread: PSPnavi: How to turn your PSP into a GPS Navigation System or a Map Viewer

DCEmu Newbie

Hi i jus install v0.5 on my cfw 3.52....
    But i could not get any signal from it...any idea wat the problem ?ANd how could i get the signal ?

Quote Originally Posted by asics64 View Post
    Hi i jus install v0.5 on my cfw 3.52....
    But i could not get any signal from it...any idea wat the problem ?ANd how could i get the signal ?
    What GPS Device do you use ?
    And if you use a 290 did you extract your own .prf files ?

Did you press Square to turn the GPS unit on and i hope youre outside when searching for signals

I got my Holux M1000 working this weekend :thumbup:
    Pretty sweet, i also discovered that the unit uses the same batteries as Nokia phones BL-5C so i tried one out after i measured the polarity and it worked

Now im going to make my own cable for my holux and ill try to get it to charge the GPS unit + my PSP at the same time and provide my PSP with signal info too Heck while im at it ill try to ad some Sound support at the same time *Lol*

Ill post some pictures later on the prototype when i got it working. *Remember kids, prototypes look like $#@! but they get the job done.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,
    i am using the psp 290...I follow everything exactly as ur guide...The mapviewer turn up nicely nw i have satitlie found but it does not seem to lock on.and the signal is rather bad..is there any way to enahnce the signal...I am only getting abt 1-2 bar of signal..Any idea ?

Hi,
    i am using the psp 290...I follow everything exactly as ur guide...The mapviewer turn up nicely nw i have satitlie found but it does not seem to lock on.and the signal is rather bad..is there any way to enahnce the signal...I am only getting abt 1-2 bar of signal..Any idea ?
    Turning off WiFi helps and if youre outside, some days there is poor reception for satelite signals.

But if you find some you should find more if you move around.

Press Square to enable GPS and Switch to Track up mode

DCEmu Newbie

But i do find the satilite.I have abt 4-6 satilite but none are able to locked on,sometime it will take a long time to locked on or not locked on at all..Any idea what the reason for this ?

But i do find the satilite.I have abt 4-6 satilite but none are able to locked on,sometime it will take a long time to locked on or not locked on at all..Any idea what the reason for this ?
    Maby some sats were kidnapped
    It sounds like bad signal reception or interference from the PSP, try setting the clockspeed to 110Mhz or the default 98Mhz with MapThis v0.5 go outside and wait for a while.

I got an extentioncord for my 290 unit and that helps a bit, i can extend the unit about 1½ meters from the PSP and get better signal by that.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by PDG View Post
    Maby some sats were kidnapped
    It sounds like bad signal reception or interference from the PSP, try setting the clockspeed to 110Mhz or the default 98Mhz with MapThis v0.5 go outside and wait for a while.

I got an extentioncord for my 290 unit and that helps a bit, i can extend the unit about 1½ meters from the PSP and get better signal by that.
    Ok maybe i shld really try this.But by extend the cable.I have to diy 2 extra wire for the power to the gps isit ?
    And will this way make the reciever lock on to the satilite faster ?

Ok maybe i shld really try this.But by extend the cable.I have to diy 2 extra wire for the power to the gps isit ?
    It will lock on a bit faster yes, but a Holux is much faster.

I would just by pre-made PSP-290 extention cable from pc-mobile.net...
    It;s really tricky to get a good connection ofr that extra wire, you need to pull to power psp-290 unit..
    It never worked well with my DYI cable but works great with pc-mobile premade cable (they use special pins with a spring inside)

And yes - you should get noticably better reception..

DCEmu Newbie

Can someone help me?

I have 3.40 OE. I followed the video instructions by MHOUSE974 on Youtube.com.

When I went to my memory stick to load up MAP THIS. I only see the MAP THIS GPS EDITION and not Deniskas MAP THIS application as shown on the video.

Edit* Nevermind. I found out what I had done wrong.*

I am using PSP-290. It's showing that I am locking into 4 satellites. However, the map doesn't pinpoint my exact location. I don't get the green bars on the bottom, only red bars. What am I doing wrong?

Thread Information