The Danish and Swedish motion-based TV-ignoring party game Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party is now due on 8th August on the Wii U's eShop where it will cost €6.99 / $8.99.Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party is a collection of motion-based mini-games that require people to work together to carry out physical challenges with Wii remotes and the Wii U Gamepad. “We have been really inspired by the possibilities of off-screen play the Wii U gives us. Finally we have a console that can put attention to the actions between the players instead of the screen," said game designer Lau Korsgaard."Spin the Bottle: Bumpie's Party is our attempt to explore these unique possibilities of the Wii U, players sit in a circle looking at each other doing silly, wacky and embarrassing stuff. This is a game that couldn't have been developed for any other console."Developers KnapNok and Redgrim are using a Minecraft-like pricing scheme where the game will increase in price as new updates are added. Early adopters, however, will receive the added content at no extra charge. I just asked Korsgaard how much the price would increase and he said, "That is to determined. I guess a couple of bucks per update."I had the pleasure of playing Spin the Bottle at a GDC party where I later dubbed it "the Wii U's best drinking game." That being said, it doesn't require alcohol to be fun and despite the risque title (which now bears the added moniker "Bumpie's Party," which Korsgaard insists was to strengthen the IP) Spin the Bottle is in fact "an innocent game for innocent children."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...he-wii-u-eshop