Thread: Quicker Tracking with PSP 290

DCEmu Newbie

Default Quicker Tracking with PSP 290

What can I do to get the tracking down to under 1 minute?

This morning on the first trial run, it took about 10 minutes to aquire my location. I read somewhere about reducing the clock speed and I did it to 222mhz through mapThis ver 498 (Very awesome upgrade btw - that's another thread). I live in Los Angeles so there's probably alot of interference or something. But on my Holux 236, I'll get a signal in less than a minute. If I can't get that with the PSP 290 then it's basically a big ball of suck!

Does anyone's PSP290 track in less than a minute from a cold start? If so, what did you do?

Yes, my PSP290 sometimes fixes under a minute, if I'm outside on a clear day. Just seems to be a bit more sensitive to noise, so on a rainy day it takes 5 minutes, or maybe longer - but perhaps there is something that can be looked at with the MapThis code?

Cheers.

If you don't move far from previously captured location, I suggest you try a warm start:
    Set initLocation=1 in config file.
    It also help to keep the device still (no moving) while it's fixing...and certain PSP models/units seem to have less interference with PSP-290, so exchanging your PSP for another one may help too...

DCEmu Newbie

I've been waiting for my PSP-290 to get here from Hong Kong since the 5th >:0

Thread Information