via cvg

Akira Yamaoka has worked on Konami's Silent Hill series for a while now. He was producer on the PC version of Silent Hill3, but he's more famed for his work in the sound department. Yamaoka have given a few details on Silent Hill 5 in a recent magazine interview.

"At the moment I cannot reveal much detail on the story, or our progress, but I can tell you that this game will resemble Silent Hill 2 in the terms of the way the player is directed and the characters' behaviour," he told Game Pro magazine.

What platform the game will eventually appear on still seems up I the air. We reported in August 2004 that a final decision for what platform the game would release on wasn't set in stone. It was that long ago we were still calling Xbox 360 Xbox 2!

PlayStation 3 is the obvious target given the history of the series, but with a smaller install base than Xbox 360, could 5 be launching simultaneously on more than one console?

"At this time we are still not sure," confessed Yamaoka . "We are thinking of putting the next game on the next generation consoles like PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, but we have had a good past experience with PlayStation [where the series was born] and we hope to continue that trend, but there are no definite plans as of yet."