Thread: Flash games

DCEmu Newbie

Default Flash games

I heard flash games can be downloaded and played. Can someone give me a tutorial including where to download the flash games? Thanks.

http://www.flash-game.net/

You must activate the flash player on your PSP first. Unfortunately this requires a wireless internet connection.
    If you do not have a wireless internet connection then try asking if you can use a friends or find a restaurant/coffee etc house with a wireless connection. I have heard that McDonalds offer free wireless internet connection. Consult your PSP manual on how to set this up.
    Make sure the flash player is turned on in the settings of the internet browser on your PSP.
    To get a downloaded flash file on to your PSP you will need the following:
    • A PSP with memory stick
    • A usb cable and a computer which is connected to the internet (preferred method)
    • A wireless internet connection (only if the above method is not available)
    Using a computer and usb cable:
    • Connect your PSP to the computer using the usb cable. On your PSP select settings then USB Connection.
    • Download the game that you want.
    • Open the folder containing the downloaded file.
    • Select the file you downloaded (it should be in the form "gamename.swf").
    • Right click on the file and select copy (alternatively select the file and press Ctrl+C).
    • Open My Computer and you should see an icon named "removable disk" (any problems here consult the PSP manual).
    • Open removable disk and create a new folder named "pspflashgaming" (this is not necessary but we suggest you do).
    • Open the pspflashgaming folder and create another folder named "games".
    • Open the games folder and paste the game in to that folder.
    • Safely disconnect your PSP.
    • Go to the internet browser on your PSP.
    • In the address bar type the following "file:/pspflashgaming/games/gamename.swf"
    Using a PSP on a wireless internet connection

(this will only work when a direct link to the gamename.swf file is given):
    • Select the link to the game link and press the triangle button.
    • In the menu select "Save Link Target".
    • Make a note of the file name.
    • Select destination and change it to "/PSP/COMMON" from the list.
    • Click "Save".
    • In the PSPs internet browser type the following "file:/PSP/COMMON/gamename.swf".
    Potential problems:
    • An error saying that the PSP is out of memory. I am afraid that this will happen on games that are to large or have a lot of graphical content, and nothing much can be done about it.
    • The game freezes. This is just the flash player crashing, try reloading the page.
    • The game has a lower frame rate than on a desktop computer, making the game seem jerky. This is because a PSP has less processing power than a PC, so has to run the flash at a slower speed.
    Known issues:
    • Flash games will not work if the flash player is not activated.
    • The flash file must be made for flash player 6 or lower.

DCEmu Rookie

or you could download one of the many psp web portals for flash etc...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by HAMMIEZ View Post
    or you could download one of the many psp web portals for flash etc...
    Can you suggest the one you think that is the best to me and give me the download link? Thanks.

Thanks Chameleon too.+Rep.=D

Default Flash Monsters

You should go to Maverick Force for some great PSP flash games. They made the award winning (on PSP Updates Qj) flash game, called Flash Monsters, and are currently working on a handful. There is also PSP Flash Gaming, which have a lot of PSP games also, and the games on their site is games that they made, both of them!
    Also, unfortunatly, most games don't JUST use the mouse and arrow keys (Analog/X and D-Pad) so a lot of the flash games you find on the internet won't work. Also the PSP has a tenency to run out of memory, for cache and etc. so you can only run around 0-5mb flash games (.swf)
    And just refer back to Chameleon's post for the other questions, he probably already answered them.
    By the way, the two sites I mentioned are not mine, although I am (sadly, not very active) members on their forum. Don't rip their games!

You should also check out the sites here, www.ponged.com, fileshack.com.

Thread Information