Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: ngPsp - Neo Geo Pocket Emu for PSP V1.0

NGPSP Author

Great news guys. The PSP finaly showed up today.

Well looks like I have a lot to do this weekend. Exspect many updates along the way and hopefuly real quickly an irda build and a wifi test demo next week.

DCEmu Newbie

Has there been any update to your progress?

Quote Originally Posted by Paulmolive
    Has there been any update to your progress?
    I was seriously going to post somthing like this like 5 mins ago. Waiting patiently .. but its not easy

NGPSP Author

Hey guys, sorry I have been a little quiet recently.

I've been busy getting ready for my gf to return home (to me) from visiting her family in china.

Anyways I will let you guys in on a little bit of news that will eventualy spread. I have been in contact with neopop_uk over the state of neopop core. We will be working together to improve neopop. So that is great news all around (specialy for all ports).

Now regarding wifi. I have been working alot with wifi demo by PspPet. I am having issues with getting inet protocalls working for infrastructure mode (to allow online play), Sadly I will have to wait till september to get back into figuring out whats up. Yet I have recently made strides in adhoc. I have the drivers and adhoc system starting up which is good first step, yet now I have to figure out how to get units to connect to each other and start transfering and this might take a while.

Regarding irDA build. I scrapped the idea. I have issues in the neopop core and insted of wasting time to hunt this down I went full force into wifi coding.

So pretty much whats up on the menu.

1) Research more into adhoc
    2) Figure out whats wrong with inet
    3) Rewrite ngPsp for the new SDK (will need to plug in wifi) as well as to more allign with the neopop core. So future neopop core updates will plug right in.

DCEmu Newbie

So, I loaded the newest version onto my PSP, and followed the instructions on the readme txt file. (folder creations, Eboot placement, etc). Threw a few *.ngp roms into the Roms folder..
    When I go into the "games" on the PSP it has a lil icon of the NGPSP, so I know it's there. I select the file, get the lil PSP loading blah blah screen, the screen goes black and then i get this error on a gray screen: The game could not be started. (80020001) and it goes back to the 'desktop' of my PSP.

I know I have version 1.50 (cause I have a couple other hbrew progs on there)

Any help would be appreciated.

ngPs1~1%
    ngPs 1

That's what the folders look like hidden

THEY need to look like this to run
    NGPSP
    NGPSP%

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by blast47
    So, I loaded the newest version onto my PSP, and followed the instructions on the readme txt file. (folder creations, Eboot placement, etc). Threw a few *.ngp roms into the Roms folder..
    When I go into the "games" on the PSP it has a lil icon of the NGPSP, so I know it's there. I select the file, get the lil PSP loading blah blah screen, the screen goes black and then i get this error on a gray screen: The game could not be started. (80020001) and it goes back to the 'desktop' of my PSP.

I know I have version 1.50 (cause I have a couple other hbrew progs on there)

Any help would be appreciated.
    The version I released was only for 1.0. You need to use a tool like PSP Brew to make it acceptable for 1.50 units.

DCEmu Newbie

Aha, ok - so I went and got an executable pack from pspbrew, decompressed directly to the psp and now the menu loads up for the emu.. but when i select 'load rom' from the menu nothing happens..

it allows me to like, change language, or the MhZ so i know the keys are working etc..

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by blast47
    Aha, ok - so I went and got an executable pack from pspbrew, decompressed directly to the psp and now the menu loads up for the emu.. but when i select 'load rom' from the menu nothing happens..

it allows me to like, change language, or the MhZ so i know the keys are working etc..
    Probably because the folders are hidden.

roms *must be* in psp\game\ngPsp\, If it finds none it returns. I will try to fix this asap.

PSP Coder

Comming soon. Stuff, Stuff, More stuff & Why the heck I am called PSmonkey.

How soon? Soon as wrag hurries up with the site.

Thread Information