Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread: ngPsp - Neo Geo Pocket Emu for PSP V1.0

NGPSP Author

Some update tidbits. A new build will show up sometime this weekend.

Currently Added
    ---------------
    .) Swaped the z80 core for cz80. I think its a bit faster but I am not sure. Sadly still not full frame rate
    .) Custom bg while running the game is in.
    .) Few improvements to framerate

To be done
    -----------
    .) Will add analog nub suport.
    .) Sound
    .) Clean up some Src code. Src will come with the new build this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by nexis2600
    Some update tidbits. A new build will show up sometime this weekend.

Currently Added
    ---------------
    .) Swaped the z80 core for cz80. I think its a bit faster but I am not sure. Sadly still not full frame rate
    .) Custom bg while running the game is in.
    .) Few improvements to framerate

To be done
    -----------
    .) Will add analog nub suport.
    .) Sound
    .) Clean up some Src code. Src will come with the new build this weekend.
    I havnt tried it since your first release, and i did it on pspe. Have you added or thought about adding a way to get back to a game select/ options menu?

you say that you switched the z80 core for the cz80 core but you arent sure if its faster... does that mean it didnt make a noticable differance? I ask because when I tested GPF's ngpc unreleased ngpc emulator with the cz80 core I couldnt tell much of a differance speed wise from ganksofts old emulator, which i believe was based around the same source. Im not sure who else beta tested for him, but I would like to hear what they thought about the z80 core replacment.

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    I havnt tried it since your first release, and i did it on pspe. Have you added or thought about adding a way to get back to a game select/ options menu?

you say that you switched the z80 core for the cz80 core but you arent sure if its faster... does that mean it didnt make a noticable differance?
    I did a short benchmark with snk vs cap: MOTM. counting from start, though the intro animation to the start screen. This far from scientific. Its just a small test.

Frameskip was set to 1.

NeoPop PC - ?? (need reboot to test)
    ngPsp (1.1v) - 1 Min
    ngPsp (1.2v) - 54 Sec

So in this test it clearly is just a smug faster

As for the option menu. Do you mean to change options? If so just press select. I am going to try allowing someone to choose rom files in the next build. I want to do it.

As for the option menu. Do you mean to change options? If so just press select. I am going to try allowing someone to choose rom files in the next build. I want to do it.
    Often one game works better with a differant frame skip setting than another, It would be nice to be able to add change the frame skip from a menu whenever one felt like it. It's also usefull when you can disable and enable sound to boost the speed a tiny bit WHICH I AM AWARE WOULD NOT EFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF A NGPC.

Also what of save state loading and saving? is that in the works as well?

NGPSP Author

Often one game works better with a differant frame skip setting than another, It would be nice to be able to add change the frame skip from a menu whenever one felt like it. It's also usefull when you can disable and enable sound to boost the speed a tiny bit WHICH I AM AWARE WOULD NOT EFFECT THE PERFORMANCE OF A NGPC.

Also what of save state loading and saving? is that in the works as well?
    Well the menu in since the first build already lets you do small hacks for small speed boost. You can disable Backgrounds or sprites & set frame skipping.

Save states & eeprom saves will be put in soon enough. I am just somewhat waiting to put in a decent file system setup for rom loading. As well make a small adjustment for the new z80 core to work with savestate (would not take long to do).

Sadly the NeoPop core relies heavly on the z80 processor. Except for some b&w games & hobyist developed games, most games will hang with ou the z80 present. So even right now the whole sound system is emulated and will only shave a small fraction of fps if turned on or off.

Well the menu in since the first build already lets you do small hacks for small speed boost. You can disable Backgrounds or sprites & set frame skipping.

Save states & eeprom saves will be put in soon enough. I am just somewhat waiting to put in a decent file system setup for rom loading. As well make a small adjustment for the new z80 core to work with savestate (would not take long to do).

Sadly the NeoPop core relies heavly on the z80 processor. Except for some b&w games & hobyist developed games, most games will hang with ou the z80 present. So even right now the whole sound system is emulated and will only shave a small fraction of fps if turned on or off.
    sounds as though you have thought of everything. My next question is, do you have any projects planned after ngpsp?

NGPSP Author

sounds as though you have thought of everything. My next question is, do you have any projects planned after ngpsp?
    .) Maybe Neo Geo Emu
    .) 3D Engine
    .) 2D Game (looking for artist) (something like lumines in a sense)

Blog Entries

been away 6 days havei missed anything

NGPSP Author

Not a whole lot. Very busy with work so i have not done much. I did fix analog suport though. So analog stick works now.

Blog Entries

excellent, now to get my site back up to date

Page 5 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast

Thread Information