Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread: ngPsp - Neo Geo Pocket Emu for PSP V1.0

DCEmu Newbie

Cheers!

How does SNK vs Capcom play (Both the fighter and Card Fighter's Clash)?

By the way, when the authors get better hold of the PSP's GPU, is filtering and Anti-aliasing planned?

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by vagabond1
    Cheers!

How does SNK vs Capcom play (Both the fighter and Card Fighter's Clash)?
    Slooooooooowly. It's impressive that Match of the Millennium works (some Neo-Geo Pocket emulators on PCs can't handle it at all), but it's much too slow to be enjoyable. No offense to the author, but this emulator seriously needs some optimization before it's on par with RIN, the king of handheld emulators on the PSP.

JR

Default re:svgds

awesome. wish i had that kind of free time!!

NGPSP Author

Hey guys,

Bare with me here. I am just now finaly getting out of a project for work so my free time is slowly comming back to me. I have some unpacking to do this weekend but I am slowly trying to poke back into ngPsp.

I have been trying to get sound working and had something good going (but a little glitchy), when I went to try what rin did I broke everything again.

So I am going to try getting back to what I had that mostly worked. I also am going to start doing some heavy poking into the cpu core to see about fixing the speed. I will start running the pc version through the debuger and trance what it does durring its cycles and find points to optimise.

So all in all hopefuly I can start getting improved versions out sometime next week.

thanks to all who still suport this project!

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks Nexis! I have to say, out of all of the emulators, this is the one that excites me most! My NGPCs (I have four!) are my most treasured games machines and the idea of having the games on the lovely PSP screen is a dream.

NGPSP Author

Hmmm. Just a second note. I did a small hack durring lunch and I can now get things like MOTM running at 30fps with 1 frameskip (& cpu at 333). For a quick test thats a hell of an improvement. Plus I think I can optimise the fetch8 function since its just fetching from rom and doing too much for a simple rom read.

But yay, puzzle link 2 (my fav game) can get up to 49-53 fps in game with a frameskip of 4 (at cpu 333). So I think this weekend I can make big strives to reach closer to 60fps on puzzle link (mostly due it using a lot of fetch24 which i made faster) & others to 45fps.

Quote Originally Posted by BaconButty
    Thanks Nexis! I have to say, out of all of the emulators, this is the one that excites me most! My NGPCs (I have four!) are my most treasured games machines and the idea of having the games on the lovely PSP screen is a dream.
    Agreed, That is the reason I did this emulator. I use to be a huge NGPC fan (had 2 systems, 14 jpn games in clam cases). I wish i kept all of it.

i really want to play metal slug on my psp, ive tried getting metal slug advance on it with the gba emulator, but its too slow and glitchy, i got metal slug mission one for this neogeo pocket emulator, but it was NOT the metal slug ive come to love.... i downloaded the metal slug rom for the neogeo emulator, and downloaded the neogeo psp emulator on psp-hacks, but it didnt work at all..... i know there is a neo geo cd emulator, but the metal slug rom is like 171mb, and i only have a 467mb memory stick, and dial up ..... any help???

DCEmu Newbie

Thanks nexis2600. This emulator is alot of fun for me to play my old games on the go. Great Job.

i want metal slug, and this is an exceptional way to get it, however, for me it would be illegal considering the fact i didnt know neogeo pocket existed until i looked at this...........

and the graphics wouldnt be my metal slug ...... i want metal slug !!!

Unhappy metal slug was the best....

i really REALLY like metal slug, but the roms file is like 171 mb (negeo cd emu) and i dont have that kinda space on my memstick , or the kinda modem that can download that .............. and i REALLY wanna play on my psp , im hoping to death theyll update the vba psp SOON so i can play metal slug advance on it..... but it seams theyre not updating it ATALL !!!

edit- sorry abut spamming your thread or whatever, ill make one about metal slug... but i've never made one before.... im scared

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

Thread Information