Page 16 of 24 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: ngPsp - Neo Geo Pocket Emu for PSP V1.0

how much longer till the next build?

PSP Coder

sorry. Give me 10 mins to look over the build again one more time and to modify things (ie the boot image and update the .txt file).

PSP Coder

Ok its up. Enjoy.

thanks and i think i might help ya out with that sound i guess although it make take me awile i am slow..............

DCEmu Newbie

I installed the latest version on my 1.50 PSP using SeiPSP, (no hiding folders or anything) double checked everything a few hundred times it seems like, re did the install over and over as many different ways as I could think of (I have had no problem running other emus of any kind or anything thus far in my usage so I dont know what i'm doing wrong) and for some reason every time I go into the Emulator, which starts up fine, I can change everything, but cannot move past the main menu. I can't run or load any of the roms placed in my NGPSP/Roms/ folder and I'm running out of patience with myself, I really have no idea what I've done wrong, and due to my recent lack of sleep I'm begining to grow angry towards the awake portion of my brain. Any help would be fantastic as I'd really like to play Card Fighter's Clash and Bust-A-Move (as well as other games I haven't played since my NeoGeo Pocket was destroyed in a freak accident awhile back.)

ps: this is a great idea, seems almost perfect for the psp
    (also I even went as far to rename my roms back and forth a few different times and tried installing things different ways just to make sure it wasn't user error, I'm honestly stumped at this point)

PSP Coder

Quote Originally Posted by Amikron
    I installed the latest version on my 1.50 PSP using SeiPSP, (no hiding folders or anything) double checked everything a few hundred times it seems like, re did the install over and over as many different ways as I could think of (I have had no problem running other emus of any kind or anything thus far in my usage so I dont know what i'm doing wrong) and for some reason every time I go into the Emulator, which starts up fine, I can change everything, but cannot move past the main menu. I can't run or load any of the roms placed in my NGPSP/Roms/ folder and I'm running out of patience with myself, I really have no idea what I've done wrong, and due to my recent lack of sleep I'm begining to grow angry towards the awake portion of my brain. Any help would be fantastic as I'd really like to play Card Fighter's Clash and Bust-A-Move (as well as other games I haven't played since my NeoGeo Pocket was destroyed in a freak accident awhile back.)

ps: this is a great idea, seems almost perfect for the psp
    (also I even went as far to rename my roms back and forth a few different times and tried installing things different ways just to make sure it wasn't user error, I'm honestly stumped at this point)
    Are your roms in a zip file or extracted? The emulator does not suport zip files. Only extracted .ngp or .ngc file format.

- PSmonkey

DCEmu Newbie

Default Resolved at last!

Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is done to the specifications given by yourself. Yet for some reason it wont load, I've gone as far as renaming the roms themselves (other than the file type of course) but past the main menu itself I cannot do a thing. I can't load the menu to select a rom, or load a game itself or anything that requires a menu change, apparently I'm not the only one having this problem but I really am clueless at this point.

I'm guessing I'm just missing something minor but theres no way that I could have as I've re-done this quite a few times in every manner I could think of.. I just wanted to play my old games again hehe, thankyou for the timley response btw, I'm glad to see that you actually support your work (unlike others in the emu community).

Thankyou again for your time.

UPDATE: Now for some reason I can get my Samurai Showdown for NGP to work but not my NGPC games to recognize, I am checking now to see if this is an issue with the games themselves, my problem was with my psp, not your emulator, I appreciate the effort put forth on my behalf, and hope to use your wonderful program quite a bit, a donation for your skills should find its way to your pocket in the next week or so

UPDATE (again.. :\) I tried the roms in my windows based emulator and they work fine, but when loaded on the psp they seem to not want to work, is there something else I'm missing about the roms themselves? They are all .npc so they should (theoretically) work no problem. If you have any ideas what I'm doing wrong let me know. I'll try not to take up any more room in your thread hehe

Final Update! I renamed the .npc files to .ngp to try it and somehow they all seem to work, so if anyone out there is having this problem try that as a test first to see if that is the case. Thanks again PSmonkey for your great program, I figured it was a user error rather than a problem with your emulator.

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by Amikron
    Everything, I mean EVERYTHING, is done to the specifications given by yourself. Yet for some reason it wont load, I've gone as far as renaming the roms themselves (other than the file type of course) but past the main menu itself I cannot do a thing. I can't load the menu to select a rom, or load a game itself or anything that requires a menu change, apparently I'm not the only one having this problem but I really am clueless at this point.

I'm guessing I'm just missing something minor but theres no way that I could have as I've re-done this quite a few times in every manner I could think of.. I just wanted to play my old games again hehe, thankyou for the timley response btw, I'm glad to see that you actually support your work (unlike others in the emu community).

Thankyou again for your time.

UPDATE: Now for some reason I can get my Samurai Showdown for NGP to work but not my NGPC games to recognize, I am checking now to see if this is an issue with the games themselves, my problem was with my psp, not your emulator, I appreciate the effort put forth on my behalf, and hope to use your wonderful program quite a bit, a donation for your skills should find its way to your pocket in the next week or so

UPDATE (again.. :\) I tried the roms in my windows based emulator and they work fine, but when loaded on the psp they seem to not want to work, is there something else I'm missing about the roms themselves? They are all .npc so they should (theoretically) work no problem. If you have any ideas what I'm doing wrong let me know. I'll try not to take up any more room in your thread hehe

Final Update! I renamed the .npc files to .ngp to try it and somehow they all seem to work, so if anyone out there is having this problem try that as a test first to see if that is the case. Thanks again PSmonkey for your great program, I figured it was a user error rather than a problem with your emulator.
    sorry you had so many problems getting it to work. I am going to get the issues fixed soon enough (to allow listing only ngp roms or all files in the folder). Do note that even tho the file is named .ngp, it will run in color since the game header tells the system if it's color or b&w.

Also note yes .npc is not acceptable. I listed above only .ngp or .ngc

Do enjoy, if you have any comments, issues or request. Feel free to post them here.

DCEmu Newbie

This is the best Emu I've used in a long time, thankyou for your hard work.
    I meant .ngc but it didn't translate into that when I typed it haha! Excellent job once again I can't thank you enough. My original NGPC broke in a freak accident and I've just had the games sitting around w/out a system to play them on. This is perfect for times when I want to kick back and play a little card fighter's clash
    Also, I heard mention of Ad-hoc compatibility, will that allow me to link to play a game like CfC with my girlfriend on her psp?

i have a question. when u are in game how do u get back to the menu? Also when u are in game the home button will not let u press yes to get out of the game.

Thread Information