Page 12 of 24 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Thread: ngPsp - Neo Geo Pocket Emu for PSP V1.0

DCEmu Newbie

I've chucked some in this morning. Good luck with it man!

There you go Nexis2600, sorry it aint more, but it all helps

NGPSP Author

Thanks to thoes who have donated so far. Nomatter the ammount, any bit helps.

NGPSP Author

Hey guys, Small update status.

I am starting to getting the bios working. Yesterday I had games running off the real bios insted of emulated bios but did not make much of a difference. Now here is something even better. I now have the internal bios menu booting up on neopop core. It needs work tho. It wont run in color mode and now that I remember about the internal color mode. I want to see about getting the color palette change on b&w games fixed and implimented into future builds.

Anyways here is some pictures. Sorry for the poor quality. 2 I taken with my cell phone of it running on psp, the other is my modified neopop pc running the bios (the original emulator did not suport the use of a real bios just yet).

Quote Originally Posted by nexis2600
    Hey guys, Small update status.

I am starting to getting the bios working. Yesterday I had games running off the real bios insted of emulated bios but did not make much of a difference. Now here is something even better. I now have the internal bios menu booting up on neopop core. It needs work tho. It wont run in color mode and now that I remember about the internal color mode. I want to see about getting the color palette change on b&w games fixed and implimented into future builds.

Anyways here is some pictures. Sorry for the poor quality. 2 I taken with my cell phone of it running on psp, the other is my modified neopop pc running the bios (the original emulator did not suport the use of a real bios just yet).
    so this is the first to run the ngp bios! thats great news!

NGPSP Author

Quote Originally Posted by 1timeuser
    so this is the first to run the ngp bios! thats great news!
    Actualy 1 other does but its not as accurate or run as many games well as neopop.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Help I can't get my emulator to work properly!

I can get the emulator running, but when it goes to the menu screen it won't let me load any roms. It doesn't matter what button I push I get no reponse. I've put all my roms in the "roms" folder. Does it need to be named something else? I used KXpliot to load the EBOOT to my psp. I have a 1.5 firmware.

Thanks in advance,
    Puma

I can get the emulator running, but when it goes to the menu screen it won't let me load any roms. It doesn't matter what button I push I get no reponse. I've put all my roms in the "roms" folder. Does it need to be named something else? I used KXpliot to load the EBOOT to my psp. I have a 1.5 firmware.

Thanks in advance,
    Puma
    first off make sure you have the latest version. make sure your roms are uncompressed also.

NGPSP Author

Best advice. Make sure your not using a tool to hide folders. The reason is they add a lot of spaces to the folder name which breaks the naming.

it must be \ngpsp\ not \ngpsp \

Anyways I will try fixing this soon.

OH BIG NOTE REGARDING DONATIONS.
    So far I have raised up $75. A big thanks to thoes who have donated so far but for thoes who havent. I please ask you help me raise up more. If people can help raise $100, I will try comming up with the extra $100 because I can probably get a used 1.5 off ebay for $200 or less. So PLEASE people help me out in raising enough to fix this issue.

If I had a 2nd psp right now I could posibly already have irDa multiplayer running and could have spent more time this week working on adhavoc multiplayer.

-- Note regarding next build --
    I am going to release an intermedate build posibly tomorrow. All it will allow is for you to boot up the ngp bios to the root menu or run a game with the real bios installed. The reason is to help me figure out what changes the bios makes when running games.

You mentioned the Z80 core before. Is F.A.Z.E found on the main page of dcemu.co.uk or here http://www.rockandaluz.com/~dciberia...hp?storyid=155
    of any interest?

Thread Information