Thread: Downgraded to 1.5

DCEmu Newbie

Default Downgraded to 1.5

First I am a complete NEWBIE with PSPs but I have a few questions.

1. I just downgraded from 2.71 to 1.5 on my TA-082 PSP using TA-082 2.71 to 1.5 downgrader by Dark_AleX/Mathieulh/Harleyg. Do I have to keep all the Downgrade files on my MS?
    2. Can someone give me a link to a tutorial on going from 1.5 to an updated version that has the internet browser, lets me play newer games, but still lets me play ISO's and Homebrew?
    3. Can someone tell me the most Newb/User friendly emulation software to use?

-Thanks in advance-

DCEmu Newbie

No, you don't need to keep any downgrade/upgrade files on the PSP.
    I'm doing what you're trying to do. I'm at 1.50 also, and am trying to get to 3.40 OEA. Easier said than done.

The entire 'upgrade/downgrade' process is ridiculous.

No wonder the PSP tanked.

get 1.50 update and 3.40 update (official ones) and rename them to 150 and 340 and put them in the oeupdater folder, it will generate a DXAR file.

copy that DXAR file to the oeflasher folder and let the upgrader do what it do

^^ explain urself more clearly next time.

once u have the 3.40 OE rar file unzip and put everything on ur memory stick, u should have oeupdater files and an oeflasher file. put the 150.eboot and 340.eboot into the updater folder and run the program, once finished ull have the DXAR file and u copy that to the flasher folder and run that program, if all went well just sit bck, relax and wait for 3.40 OE-A

or u could use the way that is brick proff run devhook on ur psps i think its a way more beter way no hazle on dealing with upgrading and downgrading and u could still play ur saved iso wich u got from a psp game that u own or bought from the store

^^ yea that way is good if ur to scared or inexperienced at up/downgradin. i have 2 psp's 1 which i used to down/upgrade first and if it bricks..... well lifes a bitch, but i second ill only up/downgrade if 100% sure it'll work

jspec: I really dont think the difficulty of running unsigned code on the PSP is the reason for its poor sales.

It requires nothing more than a little reading and a memory stick, the DS needs a flash cart and there always seems to be issues with versions of homebrew for different types of carts.

Cost, nintendo's entrenched dominance of the market, the fact many of its games are ports of console games not true 'pick up and play' type games that suit handhelds and, yes, piracy are much bigger factors.

DCEmu Newbie

^^ No, you're right. My reply was poorly worded.

I meant to communicate that if Sony welcomed the potential that forums like this are unlocking in the PSP, everyone on God's given Earth would want one. MP3 player, internet browser, any console emulator, photo album, and movie player.
    The only problem is that to have all that, you need to spend hours with risky contra-band programs that Sony seems to constantly prevent you from using. WHY????

Attacking the public tampering of the PSP instead of welcoming it was a critical mistake for Sony's PSP. Can you imagine having a Sony Annual Homebrew Award given to indy developers? PSP development would have shot through the roof by now!

Personally, I figured the work was worth it. Running 3.40 OEA thanks to the advice from this forum But I'm the only one of my friends to do it. No one else would be bothered...

Thread Information