Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Has anyone got the psp290 working in Australia

DCEmu Newbie

Default Has anyone got the psp290 working in Australia

Hi all
    First up I must commend deniska on nice progie that he wrote...well done dude!

Im running 3.10 oe-a FW
    The other day I got my psp290 and went through the steps on the home page to get it going....my malfunctions are

1,mapthis V3 seems to work fine, but I dont seem to be getting a sat fix...It tells me I have 7 to 9 sats but when I drive the red arrow doesnt move?

2, I cant get the PSP290TEST(green progie) to work, I get the loading usb accessory module..... and its sits there for about 20secs and then the psp turns off....so I cant even test if the psp290 is working! And I done everything that http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This%21 says to do when getting the .PRX files

And finally when I try to run the newer mapthis e.g 46,47,48,49 it get the blue screen error

can some please give me a helping hand in getting this going as its starting to drive me mental! I tried to go through all posts but dudes keep changing the topic and the original topic gets lost the 80 or more pages!

Thanks in advanced
    danloads

DCEmu Newbie

I have a different problem, I don't get blue screen at all. I just can't get a fix on the sat even though it shows like 4 or 5 sats. I'm living in sydney, using FW 3.30 OE A2, Mapthis v 0.498.

If your getting the USB error blue screen when running mapthis then its likely a prx file missing. You will need the two USB prx files from fw 2.71 and copy into the mapviewer folder. It should work.

DCEmu Newbie

I got my PSP-290 on the weekend, and I'm running 3.30 oe-a with the 3.30 prx's. So far it generally gets 5 or 6 satellite fixes in the green prog with 40 seconds to 3 minutes. I'm in Perth. I'm using MapThis 0498 and the few times i've used it (I don't have a car mount yet) it has gotten a fix in about 2 to 4 minutes, but it was prone to losing it's signal (again, possibly due to the position I had it in due to the lack of a mount). It's crashed a few times for no apparent reason, but it has great potential.

In MapThis don't forget to turn it to GPS mode. Sounds stupid, but the first time i tried it I sat there watching it do nothing for about 5 minutes.

DCEmu Newbie

well I got the green program going and am getting 8-10 sats and four fixes(in melbourne) but I cant seem to get any V4 mapthis going just blue a screen with "loading usb acc...ect" and then it crashes......

DCEmu Newbie

Yeah, mine was doing something like that when i was using the 2.71 or 3.03 prx's in firmware 3.30 mode. Maybe you could try just playing around with using different firmware prx's and see if you can chance across something that works?

DCEmu Newbie

I'll ty that thanks Blyx

DCEmu Newbie

I've downloaded the map of Perth and wonder how long it takes to load the map in the GPS?

So far i have left it to load and come back after a while and it's still loading!!

I followed the instructions on in the 'Yet Another FAQ' and haven't got it to load my Perth directory.

The 'Global Map' works however it thinks im in New York for some reason.

DCEmu Newbie

I got mine working (^_^)

DCEmu Newbie

How big did you make your map w3n? I made one that covered Armadale to Joondalup and it loads pretty quickly, not like my first try where had to stop it from downloading in GMDL after 15 hours.

I have a PSP290 and have run MapThis extremely well in Melbourne and Auckland. The main problem is not having Geodata for these areas. If anyone knows how to get a copy of Geodata files for Australia or NZ please let us know.

w3n - maps should load very quickly (seconds) if they have been created properly.

Blyx - One of my maps of greater Melbourne took all night to create. This is mainly due to the fact that it has to doanload all the map files from Google. Network speed is critical when creating maps.

I am running Mapthis 0.498 on a PSP with FW 3.30 OE and 3.10 prx files.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information