Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: NDS - QuakeDS Preview 2 released

DCEmu Pro

Quote Originally Posted by iceman100 View Post
    game does not work
    Wow thats a lot of information there!
    I'm guessing you mean, your having difficulty making it work or your hardware doesn't support dldi?
    It most certainly does work. I assure you.

On root of your card make a folder named ID1
    inside this folder you need at least the shareware data files called PAK0.PAK, for full version you'll additionally need PAK1.PAK. Also you need theconfig.cfg file.

http://quake.drunkencoders.com/downloads/config.cfg

Extract QuakeDS.nds to the root of your card and patch it with the DLDI patch for your card. that's it

\ID1\PAK0.PAK
    \ID1\config.cfg
    \QuakeDS.nds

My DS is down atm. Does this have free look via the touch screen?

@XDelusion: yeah, use the screen to do free look. You can change the sensitivity (and invert) in the menu if you want.
    If you're not a fan of that you can set up the controls so you never have to touch the screen...

@iceman: err - more info?

@Mr_Biggs: thanks for the comments! No, the rendering of stuff in white whilst the textures are loading is not a bug. If you don't want to see the white textures whilst stuff is loading, look in your config file for ds_alias_imposters/ds_brush_imposters/ds_draw_imposters and change from 0/1 to taste! I've got them set to on by default as some people may have slow cards...

@Hansie: I was wondering about that light thing until I had a go myself - you're right! It IS working correctly, it's just that I add a bit too much ambient light in conjunction with the fog (in the menu) and it makes it look a bit too bright there! I'll fix this in a later build... Thanks!

But anyway - thanks everyone for the comments :-D

DCEmu Newbie

This is really nice, previous build was way to bright for me. But now when you can adjust the brightness I can make i QUAKEDARK ^^. nice for us lefties with the ability to change the controls to

OK, I got some major problems. I load it and it runs fine but the textures are all missing! Instead they are replaced with a black and white checkered pattern.

Aside from that, THIS IS F*CKIN AWSOME!!!!!

Are you using loose files or pak files? You'll get a checkerboard textured output if you use loose files (this is by design).
    If you want proper texturing you've got to use pack files...

Smile

wow! its a very good release, it makes me very happy, but we need blood to live!!!
    (hey simon i donīt find your homepage)

ooh, i see now. i wasnt complaining though, it looks a little cool. thanks again simon!

simonjhall: In that case you rule! Finally a first person shooter that gives you choice! Either I can play in sloppy mode, like I'm playing Quake on the Sega Saturn or on the GBA, or...

...I can get real and take advantage of the DS' main feature which is the Touch Screen support that (pr)DOOMDS and DukeDS have neglected for unknown reasons!

Thank you a million, I can't wait to pick up a new DS now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

...o

I'm using the loose files for the same thing we discussed with the previous pre-release 1.
    I assumed that I would still have the same problem(plus those were the only files I had on my PC at the time that i set up DS quake release 2. so i guess ill try the actual .pak files today...
    TY if it works...
    OH will this fix the garbled menus too?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread Information