Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: OE firmware in DevHook?

It should be easy. We just need a flash dumper for OE firmwares. I'd like it too...

Could we maybe just pester some of the folks? Like the guys responsible for the Devhook firmware installer... and the Devhook guys to make sure that whatever number OE FW is supported in its menus...

Wonder what it might take to convince them; I hope it's as easy as just having the raw materials (flash dumper like you're saying, Video_freak) and getting them integrated.

DCEmu Rookie

I suppose we could get a firmware dump using the usb f0 and f1 in the recovery menu...

DCEmu Old Pro

Look, if it were possible it would have been done by now. OE (and SE) has been out for ages and has been dumpable since the start.

However problems that arise from that are;
    1)The dumps are encripted/sig-checked. Even if you had a dump from a PSP, you wouldn't be able to use it.
    2)Sharing firmware dumps is illegal. Sure, it'd be easy enough to find them, but still...

If you really want to pursue this matter, ask at the lan.sh forums, that would be the best place to get a definate answer.

Quote Originally Posted by jak66 View Post
    Look, if it were possible it would have been done by now. OE (and SE) has been out for ages and has been dumpable since the start.
    Or maybe most people (everyone?) just got the same answer everyone gave me: "just install OE".

However problems that arise from that are;
    1)The dumps are encripted/sig-checked. Even if you had a dump from a PSP, you wouldn't be able to use it.

2)Sharing firmware dumps is illegal. Sure, it'd be easy enough to find them, but still...
    Greater problems have been overcome when dealing with PSP firmware... I just have a hard time believing that I can install original Sony firmware updates into Devhook, but somehow OE is out of reach. It just needs an installer to Devhook folders rather than flash0 & flash1... right? Is there no way to package OE into an UPDATE.PBP?

If you really want to pursue this matter, ask at the lan.sh forums, that would be the best place to get a definate answer.
    Well, ok... I don't want to just give up though!

DCEmu Newbie

I believe the issue is that you cannot use decrypted RCO's with devhook.

As long as this issue stands, we will never be able to run an OE firmware out of devhook.

No update.pbp, because the file created while installing (data.dxar) is illegal to distribute.

Right, but what about installing 1.50 in Devhook? And then, while running that, run the OE updates?

Could that work?

you cant run OE in devhook. you cant install OE in devhook either.
    you will need an update to devhook before you could even think about running OE in devhook.
    DA has explained this a few times. devhook in its current state cant handle both kernels being loaded and the switching between the two.

So your Definitif Awnser Is No u cant

if u really want to emulate it why go to that much trouble when u just can upgrade ?

But hey its your call

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information