Nintendo president vows to keep company's roster of big-name franchises to itself

Don’t expect Mario, Zelda or Donkey Kong to appear on non-Nintendo platforms anytime soon.
That’s the message from Nintendo president Satoru Iwata, who says that while the move may be of short-term benefit it would not be in the long-term interests of the platform holder.

"If I was to take responsibility for the company for just the next one or two years, and if I was not concerned about the long-term future of Nintendo at all, it might make sense for us to provide our important franchises for other platforms, and then we might be able to gain some short-term profit," he toldCVG.
"However, I'm really responsible for the long-term future of Nintendo as well, so I would never think about providing our precious resources for other platforms at all.
"What I believe is that Nintendo is a very unique company, because it does its business by designing and introducing people to hardware and software - by integrating them, we can be unique. And because we have hardware and software developers in the same building, they stimulate each other," he said.

http://www.develop-online.net/news/4...multi-platform