Thread: Super Mario Strikers & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess !

Blog Entries

Default Super Mario Strikers & The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess !

News from <a href="http://www.yesasia.com/?/news.php?artc=3638&lsaid=219793" target="_blank" >Lik Sang</a>

<BLOCKQUOTE>The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - GC

Once billed as the direct sequel to Wind Waker, Nintendo revealed the second GameCube Zelda title to be more along the lines of Ocarina of Time. A mature link and never-before-seen visuals in a Zelda game will guarantee for a truly sensational action adventure experience. Link is even able to shapeshift into a wolf in certain parts! Teaming up with a sinister elf-like fellow, Link-Wolf can be ridden and boasts some powerful attacks. Animal companions include of course a horse (used for transportation and in battles) and a falcon-like bird that can rest on Link's arm. Exploring some still un-revealed dungeons, the camera pans back and shoots the action from a top-down angle, but when the character encounters an enemy, the camera seamlessly sweeps in again to check out the battle from the normal behind-the-back perspective. We can't wait to embark on this promising new journey into Hyrule!

Super Mario Strikers - GC

Goal! Mario, Luigi, Toad and the rest of the characters from the Mushroom Kingdom enter a new playing field with Super Mario Strikers. This arcade-style soccer game will feature powerful shots, all viewed through the eyes of dynamically set camera angles. First, select a captain for your team who will muster your forces, and who keeps a special shot up his sleeves to try and blast the ball past the goalie. Mario for example is able to leap high into the air, strike the ball with a mallet, and put the opposing goalkeeper at a serious disadvantage (and in clear and present danger too!).

Characters other than your chosen captain aren't left out though, they have the ability to charge their shots to be super effective. Furthermore, the game will present head-over-heels celebration dances. On the road to becoming a party favourite due to its straightforward controls, this title seems perfect for a multiplayer frenzy, four buddies wide. Nintendo certainly strives to let his most famous icons have a go at every kind of sport out there, and Super Mario Strikers looks to be a fun and challenging addition for sure.</BLOCKQUOTE>

How cool's that? A Mario Soccer game

Also can't wait for TP !

Zelda is shaping up to be one of the best in the series, as if we expected any less from Nintendo. The main thing that caught my attention is the claim of 70 hours gameplay just to beat the game not including sidequests this should hopefully be a huge game, WindWaker was far too short.

As for Strikers, it looks poor, looks like a shallow game that would get boring quick. The special moves in Mario Tennis really didnt help and this is probably going the same way.

you mentioned the play time... you know when I think about rpg's I usually do ask about the average completion time, but i dont think I have ever done that with a zelda game. The previouse zelda games have all been about soaking in the sites, i would guess that I finished Zelda OoT the first time at about 250 hours (not because i sucked, but rather because i wanted to see all there was to see... and i dont think i ever did completely).

I dont think an average play time will EVER truly exist for a zelda game.

I agree on that statement - it took me literally months to complete WindWaker and Ocarina of Time and I enjoyed every second of it.

I just could not get into wind waker....it was to....weird to look at lol. I really need to get over it and try it because many have told me it was great but still its....*shivers* scary..its not link!!! lol.

I am really looking forward to this new Zelda and the new Metroid coming on the next Gen system for Nintendo. ^-^

Thread Information