Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: anyone get psp gps290 to work in toronto, Canada?

DCEmu Newbie

Default anyone get psp gps290 to work in toronto, Canada?

I'm using 3.03 OE-B, and mapthis 0.497, running in 303 kernel, mapthis runs fine and when I turn to GPS mode I've 0 signal bars only red, pls help thx

I'm having the same problem as you my friend.. Apparently it could be 7 minutes until you grasp a signal or something, I'm gonna try to keep it on and sit around outside for a short while.

I have everything else goin :/ I wish it would follow me around as I walked lol.. its not though

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by JesusXP View Post
    I'm having the same problem as you my friend.. Apparently it could be 7 minutes until you grasp a signal or something, I'm gonna try to keep it on and sit around outside for a short while.

I have everything else goin :/ I wish it would follow me around as I walked lol.. its not though
    hi jesusxp, can you tell me which OE are u using and which version of mapthis? do u have any signal bars at all, mine is red 0 bars

DCEmu Newbie

I live in Toronto (North York) and I use the latest MAp This! with 3.40OE, takes about 5 minutes for it to find me, and when it does i get a low signal (3 out of 6 bars) at the most. Make sure you are in an open area, you can press start and go to satellite info to see if it sees any satellites at all.

DCEmu Newbie

man I finally got it to work thx Raj, yesterday night I've tried it while driving, I turned on the mapthis with default settings, after a while 6 sat was in view then I chg the LOC setting to "0" all of a sudden 12 sat in view then 5 fixes whoo!!!!, but I reboot the sys then tried again everytime when I got a fix program crashes.

I think CPU speed and LOC settings does chg the fix speed any ideas guys?

Can you guys give me the Toronto Map for MapThis!

Or atleast point me where to find it...

DCEmu Pro

You have to make those yourself, see http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Map_This!#Maps.

DCEmu Newbie

I made one map of some portion of markham area and it worked fineee. Followed me on the map as i was going along.
    Two thumbs up to Deniska and in7ane to make this possible !!!

However now I am having another issue.
    This time I was able to create a big map of greater toronto area but when i open that map using mapthis on my psp, the moment I click on zoom button the map freezes and in few seconds it shuts down the psp.

Small map worked fine but other two maps which are slightly bigger not TOO big... they both freeze.

Any idea anyone?
    Thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

Hi,

Me and my friend was finally able to create a big map of Greater toronto area using GMDL. Even the gps 290 worked fine for like 15 minutes of navigation showing our pin point location with all the details working fine....but then it froze.

We are trying to work on it by trying different settings...in the mean time if anyone of you have any idea that will be great.

thanks.

DCEmu Newbie

"This time I was able to create a big map of greater toronto area but when i open that map using mapthis on my psp, the moment I click on zoom button the map freezes and in few seconds it shuts down the psp"

The work around to above problem is ... just wait for few seconds for the psp indicator light to stop ... meaning give processor 1 or 2 seconds to stop. Dont just clicking on the button continuously to zoom. If we clicked on zoom button with 2 to 3 seconds gap ... it did let us zoom to the maximum level.

I hope this helps to anyone having the same problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information