Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: SNEmul v0.5 beta released - Snes Emulator for Nintendo DS

Default Launch ROM error

I originally posted this in the SNEmul v0.5 Alpha thread, but since this version is more recent and i'm getting the same error, ill post it here, too:

Quote Originally Posted by Greenwing View Post
    I'm having a problem with this emu. I go to select rom, and i choose the rom i want to load, but when my ds displays "press START to launch ROM" and "press SELECT to go back", pressing start just takes me back to the main menu. can someone help me?
    btw, i'm using an mmd

Quote Originally Posted by Wii60_FTW View Post
    NOPE. STILL CAN'T SEE ANY BOSSES IN MARIO.
    We've determined that to fix this, simply set it to No Vblank for a second, go back in game, and then change it back. No clue why this is.

Greenwing, I'm not really sure what the issue is in your case. You've patched it with DLDI, correct? Have you tried tapping the "start" button instead of pressing the Start button on the DS? Does this happen in v0.4 as well?

Quote Originally Posted by DanTheManMS View Post
    Greenwing, You've patched it with DLDI, correct?
    Yes

Have you tried tapping the "start" button instead of pressing the Start button on the DS?
    Yes, It does the same thing as just pressing start on the DS.

Does this happen in v0.4 as well?
    I haven't tried but i suppose i could.

EDIT: Tried with DLDI patched v0.4, same error
    EDIT (again): Well, it seems it has something to do with the rom I was using because
    I tried a different rom and it worked just fine.

DCEmu Newbie

Default does not work with MMD -4 gig hard drive

i have tried everything to get this emulator to work but no success guys! I have a Max Media dock with the 4 gig HDD. Ive tried the patched v0.4, i tried patching this new version, my config file is in the root, i set up a SNES folder with the rom and nothing! It keeps saying no roms found. I tried the v0.3 test version and that got to the part where you load a rom but then there were no roms listed. I really wanna try my old snes collection on my DS. Any help or tips is appreciated!

Try adding more than one game to the folder. Perhaps the one game you added doesn't boot correctly. For instance, games with coprocessors like SMRPG and Kirby Superstar simply won't boot at all.

Try adding more than one game to the folder. Perhaps the one game you added doesn't boot correctly. For instance, games with coprocessors like SMRPG and Kirby Superstar simply won't boot at all.
    No wonder i've been having problems, since i've been trying to run Kirby Superstar.

Ah yes, that would explain it. All those games with extra chips won't run, as the coprocessors are not emulated (yet). See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNES_ga..._special_chips for a more complete list of games that won't work as a result of this.

DCEmu Newbie

thanks for the reply, but i had it right all this time. My dumb self had the CF card in upside down!! it works great so far. Minor sound and graphic glitches here and there but the 3 games i've tried so far are all totally playable

hi im new.

Oddly enough 0.4a2 works but 0.5b doesnt.
    and even more odd some homebrew games only work if i boot it with moonshell (and my shiny ah my goddess skin XD)

DCEmu Newbie

I can't get it to work.

Do the roms have to have a certain file extension? Mine are all blank (no file extension), just seen as files under windows. Do I need to add a file type to them?

I have several roms in a directory called SNES which is on top level. Then I have the emulator file on top level. I have tried SNEmulDSv04, SNEmulDSv05a2 and SNEmulDSv05b_M3S_R4. The version 05 emulator comes with a config file called snemul.cfg which I have tried putting on top level, and within the SNES directory. But it still does not work.

I'm using an R4, and I have patched the nds files with the DLDI tool.

When I start SNEmulDS, I get the following:

-= SNEmulDS 0.5 by archeide =-
    Init OK
    0x200ad18Initialize FS..
    Please restart if stuck...
    FS OK!
    rompath = /SNES
    No files found.
    Please put ROMs in /SNES directory of your CF/SD card

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information