Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: SNEmul v0.5 beta released - Snes Emulator for Nintendo DS

Quote Originally Posted by d0m0kun View Post
    I can't get it to work.

Do the roms have to have a certain file extension? Mine are all blank (no file extension), just seen as files under windows. Do I need to add a file type to them?

I have several roms in a directory called SNES which is on top level. Then I have the emulator file on top level. I have tried SNEmulDSv04, SNEmulDSv05a2 and SNEmulDSv05b_M3S_R4. The version 05 emulator comes with a config file called snemul.cfg which I have tried putting on top level, and within the SNES directory. But it still does not work.

I'm using an R4, and I have patched the nds files with the DLDI tool.

When I start SNEmulDS, I get the following:

-= SNEmulDS 0.5 by archeide =-
    Init OK
    0x200ad18Initialize FS..
    Please restart if stuck...
    FS OK!
    rompath = /SNES
    No files found.
    Please put ROMs in /SNES directory of your CF/SD card

Any help would be greatly appreciated, cheers.
    Put the roms on the root of you card. Or access the .cfg file and modify the path

DCEmu Newbie

holy cow! just got this to work on my mmd! yay its finally good for something! thx!

DCEmu Newbie

If I go to http://dldi.drunkencoders.com and get a .dldi for games n' music ( I saw them there) and a windows gui tool will that make this snes emulator work for games n' music.

Yeah, since this was first posted Chishm has created two DLDI files for the GnM.

This looks awesome. Finally i can play my favorite snes game on the ds

DCEmu Newbie

What does the Save Sram option?..

I'm new with this emu. I thought it saves the progress as a regular cartridge game, but it does not work for me.

I have a R4 and i just downloaded the SNEmulDSv05b_M3S_R4.zip and copy it to my micro Sd card.

DCEmu Newbie

A lot of games don't on the screen. Why is this?

Runs great speed wise though

rene$#@!, the Save SRAM button is needed to save your progress in-game. SNEmulDS does not update the *.srm file when you save in-game until you tap that button. So save in-game, tap Save SRAM, and only then power off. You can also enter the rom selection menu or put the DS in sleep mode, both of which will automatically save the SRAM.

DCEmu Newbie

Anyone have any way to make Chrono Trigger run better? How do I get all the text to fit in the text boxes? Because if someone says anything that's three lines long, the third line does not show. Also, small issues with sound, but they're not unbearable. In the beginning Crono's sprite is protruding through the bed. Again, not a big deal, but i'm sure someone has figured out how to clean things up using the settings. Oh, and what's vblank and yscroll? I really don't understand what i'm doing when I go to 'options'.

Otherwise this thing is pretty awesome! Thanks a bunch!

Sorry for the noobness! =)

To fix the sound, put snemul.cfg on the root of your card. The other graphical glitches are kinda hard to fix. You'll probably want to go to the GFX Config page and tap the "fix" area when things get screwy. Wait Vblank sets a hard limit at 100% speed while No Vblank keeps it unlimited. Some games have different graphical glitches in each mode. Yscroll lets you set the vertical position of the screen, since the SNES screen is taller than that of the DS so any extra data is cropped off.

See http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/SNEmulDS for some more in-depth explanations. Also see the compatibility list that page links to for some Chrono Trigger settings to use.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread Information