Thread: Xbox 360 spring update goes live

Blog Entries

xbox 360 Xbox 360 spring update goes live

via cvg

Fire up your Xbox 360s because The Spring dashboard update has finally gone live - and the menus are now running smoother than Bishop's bonce.

As well as the much-touted Live Messenger integration, updates and changes to the dashboard include:

A richer Achievement notification pop-up will showcase the name of the unlocked Achievement and the gamerscore value without needing to leave the game to check the Achievements list.

Enhanced family settings features for Xbox Live communications enable different defaults for video chat and voice chat.

A new Xbox Live Marketplace blade lets Xbox Live members access the content they seek-whether it is game content or TV shows and movies (available in the United States)-from one place on Xbox Live.

Updates to Xbox Live Arcade allow owners to quickly see which games their friends are playing and join in the fun. Members can also compare progress of leaderboard scores and Achievements directly with all friends on their friends list. Expanded "Tell a Friend" capabilities make it easier than ever to boast about Achievements and high scores.

Expanded "Tell a Friend" capabilities make it easier than ever to boast about Achievements and high scores.

A new option in Auto Downloads provides faster access to the entire collection of free, trial-version arcade games.

New progressive download controls provide easy access to optimal viewing options by letting people fast-forward, rewind, pause and resume as their video is downloaded from Marketplace.

Extension of the background download functionality will allow owners to set their Xbox 360 console to turn off automatically after downloads are complete.

So there you have it. Those of us who have non-broken 360s are off to mess around with message windows. We'll let you know how it goes.

DCEmu Newbie

I have to ask....my brother and all of his friends have found that they cannot access IM on their 360. The reason being apparently(and i haven't seen this first hand, but they told me) that they aren't allowed it because they are classed as "children"(under 16 and have a guardian)
    So does anyone else know anything bout this? and if so....how crap is that?! MSN isn't just for those that are over the age of 16 so why should it be for xbox IM?
    Any ideas please....im lost!

Quote Originally Posted by markymark1 View Post
    I have to ask....my brother and all of his friends have found that they cannot access IM on their 360. The reason being apparently(and i haven't seen this first hand, but they told me) that they aren't allowed it because they are classed as "children"(under 16 and have a guardian)
    So does anyone else know anything bout this? and if so....how crap is that?! MSN isn't just for those that are over the age of 16 so why should it be for xbox IM?
    Any ideas please....im lost!
    Thats true, and they don't have a option under parental controls to enable it either.

sure as hell pissed me off when i woke up at 6 this morning and downloaded it. still, the auto-off power saving downloader mode is really helpful. its not too bad, but hopeuflly in the future they will add an option to enable/disable msn via parental controls.
    http://one.revver.com/watch/170516
    http://one.revver.com/watch/167200

Please click the links above to watch my stick figure animations,
    and please, if you have the time, click the ads at the end to earn me some money.

All an all it is a good update, all we need now is a decent Web Browser and were set! :thumbup:

Yes I agree a web browser would be nice. I'm updating right now.

DCEmu Newbie

i like the nice little touches, although the market tab is kinda pointless since they never update any of the marketplaces apart from the USA region...but apperently my account is still classified as being child, despite being 17...last time i checked i didn't know MSN came under the same classification as alcohol and driving...unless they haven't enabled it yet or something. either way, i'm not impressed.

Thread Information