Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CPU clock speed

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by UltraDude View Post
    Had no luck finding anything cheaper

Would this cable work though? Im not sure what those 2 pins on the sides are for..are they just there ..or do they ground the unit?
    I have the same doubt.

But here is one extension cable which is considerably cheaper:
    http://pc-mobile.net/guge.htm

DCEmu Newbie

The extension cable:
    http://pc-mobile.net/cmue.jpg

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by r2000 View Post
    I have the same doubt.

But here is one extension cable which is considerably cheaper:
    http://pc-mobile.net/guge.htm
    Nice find, did you order one?

I contacted the manufacturer, and they going to mail me a couple of those cables - I'll let you know if it works out...

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by deniska View Post
    I contacted the manufacturer, and they going to mail me a couple of those cables - I'll let you know if it works out...
    Did they say how long it would take for them to arrive and/or which shipping company they use?
    I ordered a couple of them, hopefully they work out.

Deniska (or anyone else that knows) : So you think that the two metal pins on each side of the PSP-290's USB plug are for electrical current and/or ground? Does anyone have a meter that they could somehow wire in there and check? Do you think that might do harm to the PSP itself or the receiver? I'm just wondering, I don't really have much experience with this stuff.

DCEmu Newbie

Default DC Jacks

Quote Originally Posted by An0nJ0hn View Post
    Did they say how long it would take for them to arrive and/or which shipping company they use?
    I ordered a couple of them, hopefully they work out.

Deniska (or anyone else that knows) : So you think that the two metal pins on each side of the PSP-290's USB plug are for electrical current and/or ground? Does anyone have a meter that they could somehow wire in there and check? Do you think that might do harm to the PSP itself or the receiver? I'm just wondering, I don't really have much experience with this stuff.
    I've Messed around a little bit with the cable I made and so far I've found that the DC output jacks at the top are +5v on the left and Ground on the right, (The ground doesn't need to be connected for the GPS to work as the usb has a ground connection), a word of warning though be careful not to cause any short circuits as the psp will make a clicking noise and cut off it's power, so far I've accidentally done it a few times but theres a risk of blowing a diode or something else

::edit
    Well I decided to test it the pins were actually giving 5v out and it turns out they don't, the V+ pin runs at 3.5-3.57 volts which is that the PSPs battery runs at (rated 3.6v) the 5v DC out figure seems to be quoted on a lot of sites.

Here's the pic as proof
    http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/636/dsc00384td6.jpg

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nylon32 View Post
    I've Messed around a little bit with the cable I made and so far I've found that the DC output jacks at the top are +5v on the left and Ground on the right, (The ground doesn't need to be connected for the GPS to work as the usb has a ground connection), a word of warning though be careful not to cause any short circuits as the psp will make a clicking noise and cut off it's power, so far I've accidentally done it a few times but theres a risk of blowing a diode or something else

::edit
    Well I decided to test it the pins were actually giving 5v out and it turns out they don't, the V+ pin runs at 3.5-3.57 volts which is that the PSPs battery runs at (rated 3.6v) the 5v DC out figure seems to be quoted on a lot of sites.

Here's the pic as proof
    http://img501.imageshack.us/img501/636/dsc00384td6.jpg
    So when I get my cable I need to add two additional lines; a positive (left) and a ground (right) (I know you said It isn't needed but I'd rather be safe than on to my back-up PSP). Will it matter what gauge wire I use? What caused/es the short circuit to occur? What should I avoid? I may try to make a cable before the two i ordered arrive if I can find the USB mini-B 5 pin receptacle.

DCEmu Newbie

The type of wire doesn't really matter just make sure that it it isn't exposed in anyway, I find it resets itself if I:

• Accidentally connect V+ straight to Ground
    • Press the wire in too firmly in to the jacks on the top of the PSP
    • or if any exposed wire touches the metal part of the USB cable

So long as your careful don't have any loose, exposed wires, it will work fine.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Nylon32 View Post
    The type of wire doesn't really matter just make sure that it it isn't exposed in anyway, I find it resets itself if I:

• Accidentally connect V+ straight to Ground
    • Press the wire in too firmly in to the jacks on the top of the PSP
    • or if any exposed wire touches the metal part of the USB cable

So long as your careful don't have any loose, exposed wires, it will work fine.
    By "type of wire" does that include thickness and composition? BTW thanks for your help and patience.

DCEmu Newbie

Well this is the wire I'm using:
    http://www.maplin.co.uk/module.aspx?...&doy=15m5#spec

It's a 0.08mm Multi core copper wire, but I don't think that its composition or thickness are that important, but then I'm not really familiar with wire gauges

I hope this helps sorry I can't give a more comprehensive answer.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information