Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: CPU clock speed

DCEmu Newbie

Isnt it possible for an application to raise the power-output to a usb-device?

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mrplov View Post
    I think that would be difficult. The battery of the PSP is 3.6 V, and without some kind of hardware to increase the voltage, and thereby decreasing the current.

Btw: This discussion is exiting, I hope this kind of cable will be available for sale soon

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by mrplov View Post
    Unfortunately, the PSP-290's power is not supplied via the usb port.

Alright, I figured out what I'm going to use for the GPS end of the cable and it works quite well . I got the power line adapted but still haven't added the ground line yet, although this technique will work the same for the ground line. I'll post a picture of it I tomorrow.
    The PSP end of the cable is another story. It is going to be difficult for me to duplicate the flexing rods of the PSP-290. I looked everywhere but one store (only open during the work week) and had no luck . Any suggestions are welcome.

DCEmu Newbie

I'm experiencing essentially the same problem this is what I've done for the GPS end of the cable:

which seems to work very well, but the PSP end is proving to be a bit of a problem, it would probably have to be something using a spring , but making a mechanism that small is going to be difficult

DCEmu Newbie

i still can't make it as 110 hz. anyone can capture the picture to illustrate? Press down (once) to make it 110 hz within GPS info?

sorry, it works now. the version i use can't make it work. I dl a newer version and it works now.

DCEmu Newbie

Here are the pics of my progress thus far. As you can see, I added the ground line. You can see that I went in a little different direction than Nylon32 did with his cable. I am attempting to duplicate the connector plates that are in the PSP. Because the PSP-290's poles retract, this works very well and I have yet to lose connection on this end of the cable no matter how much I move it around.

Parts:
    So far I've used the mini USB 5-pin extension cable, some wire I found in my tool box (24 AWG) and two .187" male quick disconnects that I filed down and bent to fit into the sides of the mini usb female receptacle. I also used a fair amount of electrical tape.

Tools:
    I don't have any electrical tools so I have been using my Leatherman. I used the knife to prep the wire, the file to file the female usb and the quick disconnects down and the pliers to bend the male quick disconnects.

I'm still thinking about the PSP side of the cable as it is the last remaining issue. Anyhow, here are the pics, I hope you enjoy.

DCEmu Newbie

I may have found a semi-permanent way of getting the PSP end of the cable to stay connected; I’ve just started experimenting with it but does seem to work quite well.

I’ve filed the edges down so the spring fits in better much like An0nJ0hn did with his cable, fortunately this cable seems suited for all the modifications I’m making to it.

Once I get the other side done I’ll do some tests and see how well it works.

Edit: I'll also put up some more details on how it was made for anyone who's intrested.

DCEmu Newbie

Great job man.

Is that from the laptop you told me about or did you find it somewhere else?

I'll try to post pics of my progress when I get back from work this evening. Splitting those two pins proved to be a real task but I did manage to get it done and one of them mounted and attached to the power line.

DCEmu Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by An0nJ0hn View Post
    Great job man.

Is that from the laptop you told me about or did you find it somewhere else?

I'll try to post pics of my progress when I get back from work this evening. Splitting those two pins proved to be a real task but I did manage to get it done and one of them mounted and attached to the power line.
    These springs were actually taken from a broken floppy disc drive, I've nearly finish the cable, just need to find a good way of keeping the springs in position.

DCEmu Newbie

Well apparently work is in a rain delay so here are the pics of the power pin that I attached to the PSP end of the cable. I'll have to get the second pin (ground) attached sometime today (if I end up not working) or tomorrow.

It seems to work great so far. No matter how much I try to disconnect it by moving the cable around the power to the GPS receiver remains on. I merely glued the pin casing to the usb plug but it's holding very well.

As you can see if you look at the full resolution picture, I had to do a bit of filing to the USB's casing as well as the pin's casing in order to get the pin to properly line up with and into the connection plate in the top of the PSP. I agree with Nylon that this extension cable has proven to be very much up to the task of being modified. It is a very solid cable.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information