Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread: Snes9xTYL Release Coming Soon

hmm im wondering what there gonna improve because its great as it is.

Finally, an update on the horizon!

yes im so glad gpsp is still alive thanks exophase

DCEmu Legend

psp Super Nintendo!!!

This puts a big smile on my face. Super Nintendo was a big part of my childhood and even teenage years. Hell, its still holds favor with me today in my 20's. I would very much hope that this Emulator continues as it is one of the biggest draws to PSP homebrew. Its what got me hooked.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase View Post
    One, I'm still working on it. It isn't dead, I'm just busy.

Two, Mario & Luigi works fine on 0.9, the last I released (for anyone who says some Kai version fixed it then uh.. sorry, no)
    Sweet! gpSP is staying alive! Mario & Luigi does work perfect on the latest Exophase release (0.9) Anyone still using that Kai version should seriously upgrade. And of course you need the right BIOS.

I believe that SNES9x TYL's renderer can be made a lot faster for most games. In fact, I believe that gpSP's can be made a lot faster, and it's already much faster than SNES9x TYL's, somehow.
    Its amazing to hear, especially from Exophase that there is still so much potential for Snes9xTYL. I remember back when I used to frequent YoYo's forums more often that it was said that there would not likely be anymore significant speedup. Basically saying that everything was already optimized to nearly full capacity. It would be nice for Snes9xTYL to improve on performance as there are quite a few games that have slowdown issues. Sure adding frameskip and other tweaks can help but frameskip on Snes9xTYL can really hurt a games playability if set too high.

SuperFX games can be brought up to good speed with dynarec, but I doubt anyone will bother.
    That is also encouraging as it was said many times that games like Starfox would never really be playable on the PSP. But it was also said that GBA emulation would never be full speed on the PSP either, LOL.

I'd love it if the games could get an overall speed boost. A lot of games are pretty slow, but still playable though so I'm not really getting my hopes up.

The one HUGE problem that I've run in to with SNES9X_tyl, and am praying gets fixed, is Seiken Densetsu 3 -- It's unplayable because, no matter what settings you use (I spent a couple of hours one day trying EVERY combination possible), most of the text is unreadable. Which was a big dissapointment as I bought that game over ten years ago and still haven't had a chance to play it extensively and was really looking forward to getting at it on the PSP (;_;)

Hopefully YoYo et al will release the source (I'm assuming they haven't already) so that others can pick up on it and round it out. It's pretty solid, but is just missing that ultimate playability factor that Exophase (thanks!) delivered with his very first release of Gpsp.

Quote Originally Posted by maxipower90 View Post
    hmm im wondering what there gonna improve because its great as it is.

i dont know where to begin.. but u are soooo wrong.. i mean almost half of the games arent working properly in the latest ME version.. i dont know what games u have tried.. the only game i really can enjoy 100 % is super punch out.. so they better do some great stuff in this release

DCEmu Coder

Good to see that this is being worked on again!

I have a request for a small functionality change:-

An addition that would be really good is a setting per rom that allows the one PSP joystsick to emulator four pads at once or a global setting that you only have one pad inserted

The reason for this is that when playing multiplayer games where that action is taken in turns - Irem Skins game is a good example (v.good golf game originally from the arcade), it seems to assume that you have all joysticks connected so you have to go into the settings between each go to change which joystick is emulated

Yeah, that's a pretty good idea.

Here's another one...Mapping the Snes Mouse to the PSP buttons, the Analog nub would be great for movement!!! Am I the only one here that would get a kick out of playing around with Mario Paint on my PSP?

What about this?....Mapping the Snes Superscope to the PSP buttons. Again, the Analog could serve to move an on-screen little Target icon used for aiming and the Shoulder buttons (or any other buttons you chose for input) could be used for shooting and bombs...the games library would benefit from a few more games to play and would also be pretty cool, like Yoshi's Safari.

Anyways, I'm probably asking for a lot, but I would really like these features implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by Veskgar View Post
    That is also encouraging as it was said many times that games like Starfox would never really be playable on the PSP. But it was also said that GBA emulation would never be full speed on the PSP either, LOL.
    I would also like to see games that SuperFX chip games to become more playable. One of my favoirte Snes games Dirt Trax FX uses the SuperFX chip, it is hardly playable because it runs very slow, has many graphics errors, and freezes a lot. So it would be nice if this could somehow be fixed.

There are two bugs that I would love to see fixed: the bug where when you load a state there is not sound for some games and the Home bug where when you try to exit the screen locks up for a few minutes.

Anyways glad to hear that snes9xTYL will be updated one more time. It is probably my second favorite PSP homebrew (Daedalus is first).

Talking

One, I'm still working on it. It isn't dead, I'm just busy.
    Hey Exophase It´s good to hear from you, I had the dumb idea that you´ve given up
    (Feels so good to be wrong, LOL)
    Thank you man your work rocks!!

I was wondering if you´re working on the 32MB roms issue

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 345678910 LastLast

Thread Information