Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Snes9xTYL Release Coming Soon

I'll test the Star Fox one but why can't you test them?

I don't have a PSP, but I love SMRPG, so if I can help it run faster, I'd like to try. Unfortunately it seems that one patch that dramatically helped some areas also made other areas slow down dramatically, so I had to remove it from the patch. The one I posted in my last post has these problem hacks already removed.

Alright I'll try to test that Star Fox one, I'll post again with my results.

edit: I'm assuming for Star Fox I have to have the v1.2 rom, as suggested by the code you posted, right?

Yeah, though you can probably just change the first 8 digits of my patch (the part before the vertical line) to match the CRC of your version, as I don't think it would make that much of a difference. The speedhacks should be the same.

That's wierd I opened my snesadvance file but don't have any Star Fox code in there, it has like every game ever but no star fox, should I just put the code in there anyway? But I don't think that will work since I don't know what my numbers for my ROM file are, what should I do?

Okay I entered the code where Star Fox would have been alphabetically, ran Star Fox and saw no difference in speed. I think I may need the numbers to my specific rom to have the code work, tell me what I should do please DTMMS?

Umm, I'm new here, but I have IMPORTANT NEWS! there is a new psp, just released, what does this mean for homebrew!?!?! will it be able to be downgraded? will it have some sort of build it block to prevent hombrew no matter the firmware version? Is the new psp worth getting?? decide for yourself! (http://www.gamespot.com/features/617...opslot;title;1) this link may cease to work when gamespot next updates its cetral tab frameset, so just search gamespot for E3 info. or, go here (http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3161034) I would really like to post this as a thread, but it won't let me; I suppose because I am a new member. I've used this ssite for years I'm glad to finally be a member. I think I'm the first to post about this new PSP and what it means for the homebrew community; I believe that the new PSP will be homebrew compatible and that it will provide a fantastic boost to the PSP-homebrew and PSP-mod communities. Power to the people enjoy! ~~~(extended information)(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_Portable) (something fun)(http://www.amazon.com/Horatio-Hornbl...4568971&sr=8-1) -SISKO have fun wid-it!

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainMorgan4 View Post
    Okay I entered the code where Star Fox would have been alphabetically, ran Star Fox and saw no difference in speed. I think I may need the numbers to my specific rom to have the code work, tell me what I should do please DTMMS?
    Star Fox has no entry because the list was originally made for SNES Advance, an SNES emulator for the GBA that has no hope of ever running Starfox or any of the games with special coprocessor chips.

The numbers at the beginning are the CRC32 of the file. If you can find the CRC32 of your specific game file, you can replace the 8 numbers with yours and try again. If you open the game with ZSNES, it will show you the CRC for a few seconds at the beginning. A hex editor will also probably tell you what you have.

If you are sure that the hacks are being applied (the CRC32 matches) and there's still no noticeable speed gain, then I guess the game isn't hackable. The loop at 15965 was the only one I could consistently find throughout pretty much the entire game. If hacking that loop doesn't do anything, then I don't think anything can be done.

Thank you for testing by the way.

Ahh I don't think it will work because I think others have tried it, sorry but I'm done trying I don't think it will work, thanks for trying though.

My posts are NOT spam, I have seen the threads on the most recent E3 and have deemed them unsatisfactory, I think that the importance of the new psp to homebrew is so great, it is certainly fitting to post about it on EVERY THREAD related to psp homebrew because it will have significance for nearly every psp thread. Oh and I'm not from new jersey, I'm from Cali. -SISKO

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread Information