Valve is "thinking about" making Half-Life 3, the PC game that has so much coverage despite not been officially announced, according to a Half-Life 2 voice actor.
John Patrick Lowrie, who has voiced various characters and citizens in Half-Life 2, previously said on his blog, as reported by Neogaf: "As far as I know they are not developing HL3 now for several reasons, among them the mo-cap issue.
"One of the great things about HL2 is that all of the characters that you meet actually look at you when they talk to you no matter where you go or stand. With mo-cap you can’t do that, at least not yet. So that’s one of the things they’re working on."
However, Lowrie has since deleted some of his comments since the news broke, but he does still say that developer Valve is "thinking about" developing Half-Life 3.
"I had a conversation with a Valve employee recently about some of the challenges involved in making an HL3, so I know they’re thinking about it, but whether they can solve those challenges or will choose to solve them rather than concentrating on other projects, I just don’t know," he said.
"What I was trying to say before (and failed) is that whatever [Valve owner] Gabe Newell has to say about a project is the best info you’re going to get. He owns the company and knows what’s going on. Sorry that I gave the impression that I know what’s going on."
Half-Life is one of the most popular and critically acclaimed PC game series. The original arrived in 1998 and a sequel followed in 2004.
Half-Life 2: Episode One arrived in 2006 and Episode Two in 2007.

http://www.pcr-online.biz/news/read/...lopment/031675