Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruka's Unofficial Snes9xTYL++ ( BETA) - Snes Emulator for PSP

DCEmu Rookie

Quote Originally Posted by Gold Line View Post
    how can you say its crap.
    its better than nothing.
    when was i comparing it to nothing? i'm comparing it to the last version, get glasses or something...

Quote Originally Posted by jvabbdac View Post
    Megaman x3 sill crashing ???
    X3 has never crashed, Iīve beaten the game like 4 times and runs perfect since 0.42me

Megaman X2 has speedup on the boss stages, but they donīt attack (LOL)
    They just go from side to side of the screen LOL, and wire sponge powered up like two times, this is really weird :rofl:

cool... glad to see the snes9x emulators still within the views of devs

I think this version is alot better than the last.

Dunno who started this $#@!, dcemu or pspupdates but both site should be blamed for releasing stuff THE AUTHOR DIDN'T WANT RELEASED :/

Ruka says on his tyl lab page to NOT REDISTRIBUTE THOSE BINARIES, for **** sake.

I won't be surprised if he stops posting binaries after this crap.

IF YOU DON'T ****ING READ JAPANESE, DON'T POST $#@!. AT ALL.

Quote Originally Posted by Exophase
    All of this released right after yoyofr announces he'll continue to work on SNES9x TYL (where was this during the year or so when everyone knew he quit working on it?)
    You need to check your sources before you make assumtions. Ruka has been releasing his optimized versions of 0.4.2 since early March. He is also the original coder for NesterJForPSP. He never claimed that it would "work better", nor has he modified the base of the code.

Quote Originally Posted by theshadowrunner
    Ruka says on his tyl lab page to NOT REDISTRIBUTE THOSE BINARIES, for **** sake.

I won't be surprised if he stops posting binaries after this crap.

IF YOU DON'T ****ING READ JAPANESE, DON'T POST $#@!. AT ALL.
    theshadowrunner is correct. Ruka didn't want the binaries to be hosted off his page. The TC should have just linked instead.

"The binary which is provided here is a beta version. With other things such as distribution, please don't do it no matter what. It is released to be tested by volunteers."

Quote Originally Posted by Everyone
    The game _____ is running slow!
    There is an easy way to greatly increase the compatibilty of a ton of games. When a game is loaded, the emulator checks the file "snesadvance.dat" for optimization code (aka "Speed Hacks"). The default file that is included with the emulator is VERY old. Therefore there aren't that many speed hacks. However, mog123 releases an updated version of the superDAT every few weeks. You can get his version here:
    http://urashima.cydonianknight.com/snesadvance.dat

By replacing the default one in snes9xTYL/DATA with the new one, a LOT of games will run faster.
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

i only get a Eboot file where does it go?

Quote Originally Posted by [Roger]
    Put it in with the official release and overwrite. Get the official release here:
    http://yoyofr92.free.fr/psp/files/snes9xTYL-0.4.2me.rar
    I was asked to memorise what I did not understand; and, my memory being so good, it refused to be insulted in that manner. ~Aleister Crowley (1875-1947)

DCEmu Legend

psp

Quote Originally Posted by BelmontSlayer View Post
    There is an easy way to greatly increase the compatibilty of a ton of games. When a game is loaded, the emulator checks the file "snesadvance.dat" for optimization code (aka "Speed Hacks"). The default file that is included with the emulator is VERY old. Therefore there aren't that many speed hacks. However, mog123 releases an updated version of the superDAT every few weeks. You can get his version here:
    http://urashima.cydonianknight.com/snesadvance.dat

By replacing the default one in snes9xTYL/DATA with the new one, a LOT of games will run faster.
    That was a big help posting that. Thank you very much. I can't wait to try the updated .DAT file as the one I've had is from 1 year ago.

I totally believe that collaborative work is better than separate versions of the code. But finding out that Ruka never intended the binary to be widely distributed clears it up a little bit. Also, I'm not sure if yoyo speaks Japanese so there might be a language barrier.

What pleases me is that there is renewed excitement about SNES emulation on the PSP. That's good for everyone.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread Information