Reiterating that Microsoft has no intention of releasing anXbox One without Kinect, corporate vice president Phil Harrison has told CVG the next-gen peripheral offers a "magical" and "personal experience" that "makes you think about your relationship with technology in a slightly different way".
In a newly published Xbox One interview, Harrison said: "Xbox One is Kinect. They are not separate systems. An Xbox One has chips, it has memory, it has Blu-ray, it has Kinect, it has a controller. These are all part of the platform ecosystem.
"What we have shown really well at Gamescom is the magic of games that use Kinect," Harrison said.
"We have shown the power of voice control. I'm probably going to piss off your readers unintentionally when I say this; I have an Xbox One at home, and being able to walk in and say 'Xbox on', and for the system to recognise me, launch and load my profile, and put my choices of content on the font page is a very magical experience.
"It makes you think about your relationship with technology in a slightly different way. It's personal. It makes you think, I wish more devices would do this."
In May, Microsoft responded to privacy concerns by confirming the abilityto turn Kinect completely off. The company also assured prospective buyers that it was prioritising their privacy by releasing a series of details on how users can control the functionality of Kinect.
Xbox One will launch in 13 markets this November. The Xbox One pricehas been set at £430/€500/$500.

http://www.computerandvideogames.com...says-harrison/