Thread: Best flashcart for 3DS XL DS ROM emulation (only DS ROM emulation)?

Question Best flashcart for 3DS XL DS ROM emulation (only DS ROM emulation)?

I've never used flashcarts before, and I was reading flashcarts are always becoming defunct due to software upgrades and loss of developers and whatnot. Forums I was reading about 3DS flashcarts were moths to a couple years old, so I wanted to see what is the greatest 3DS XL flashcart at the moment.

I'm only planning on using it for emulating translated DS roms. I don't care about emulating consoles or whatever (although GBA emulation would be nice since there hasn't been a GBA option since DS Lite, and GBA games aren't digital yet for some reason). I have several imported games for DS from Japan, and some of them have translation patches available. So all I'm really looking for is to emulate patched DS games on my 3DS XL.

My 3DS XL is updated to Nintendo's latest software and all that, so will it be a problem? I do not have my older DS models (since I always sell them to upgrade to the newest DS), so I'm limited to the 3DS XL only... I'm not interested in emulating my games on PC either. But it'd be nice to be able to patch ROMs for the Japanese games I own and play them in English.

Blog Entries

if you have updated to latest version of 3ds firmware then the 3ds flashcarts that are out now only support 3ds consoles on older versions of the firmware, for now youll just have to wait.

I just got a 3ds flashcart (the blue 3ds) as well as a r4i gold 3ds which is for ds roms from the below shop, both of them are in quite cheap price compared with others. Judging from the past few days' usage, they didn't let me down. Maybe you could have a try.
    www.3dstemp.com

Thread Information