Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3.40 OE-A with PSP-290

DCEmu Newbie

Default 3.40 OE-A with PSP-290

Does anyone got this to work on 3.40 OE-A with PSP-290??? I can't get this working...

Can anyone post or upload your whole program in your MS?

Thanks!

DCEmu Newbie

i got it working somehow.. but i get only like 2 satellites and only 0-1 green bars on that signal thing..

DCEmu Newbie

working http://rapidshare.com/files/32177069...p-290.rar.html

just go to your car/bench on a street, run mapthis, choose map, turn gps mode on (square), go to GPS INFO, LOC on 0 (left keypad), CPU on 111MHz(down on keypad) and wait...
    you can even take a nap, because mine usually get fixes in about 15minutes in a cloudy day.
    i don't know what it depends of, but just be patient.

DCEmu Newbie

Default Works!!!! Thanks~!!

PSP 1.0 JP -> PSP 3.40 OEA w/PSP receiver.

The link to the package works fine on my PSP at any Mhz, so 333Mhz is fine.

Just dump it into the directory as noted in the readme, start it up with the GPS unit plugged in and in about <5 minutes or less, it's up and locked!

Of course, performance-wise, that's outside the home with nothing taller than 1-story homes all around. Even moving under the porch = loss of lock, ie. it'll see a two to three satellites, but the lat/lon is lost and there's not a single 1 beside the satellite listing to indicate a lock.

In full open, it usually sees 6+ satellites in view, so that's good.

Doesn't work so good in a car. Sometimes, it'll lock and hold it. Sometimes, it simply won't pickup enough satellites to achieve a lock.

So, that said, if you're going to spend the $$ on any GPS receiver:
    1) Any cell phone today will probably give you better navi in a car and inside a building due to better tower coverage + GPS.
    2) Any handheld GPS with the latest receiver chips will probably do better as well, with faster locks.
    3) Any other GPS unit for the PSP will probably give you a better lock, faster.

---

I've tested the PSP receiver in LA and Tokyo, and it's a) slow at achieving lock ie, longer than a few minutes outdoors b) loses lock easily under coverage c) takes time to re-lock.

---

That said, GPS unit works fine with both MapPlus (Japan only map UMD) and MapThis (USA maps from Google downloaded using GMDL 0.4.16b).

Resolution is pretty darn good for the GMDL map -- I'm between streets and it's got me spot on on the Google map =)

DCEmu Newbie

where do i put those files ? cuz i put tem in my
    game150 , the link has only mapViever not mapViever% , cuz when i start it goes on blue screen and it says loading usb accessory module... and frezes ?? why do i have to have the 2 prx files on my flash also? is that why it wont load?

DCEmu Newbie

link for working mapthis for 3.40 OE-A
    http://files.filefront.com//;7436650;;/

DCEmu Newbie

What readme file? I have tried about everything.. I get the blue screen and freeze when loading the usb assory module. No I got an error before so somethings right, and wrong!!
    psp-290
    3.40 oe-a
    1.50 kernel
    where is the correct readme file?
    thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by popsonhops View Post
    What readme file? I have tried about everything.. I get the blue screen and freeze when loading the usb assory module. No I got an error before so somethings right, and wrong!!
    psp-290
    3.40 oe-a
    1.50 kernel
    where is the correct readme file?
    thanks!!!
    I just installed 3.40 oea and i'm having the same problem. I do not have a Game150 folder however, would that be the problem? I have all the programs needed and both prx files are there, and it still gets the same message. help~

DCEmu Newbie

If you have a softdowned t-82 then you may need to use keycleaner to fix your id-storage keys.

DCEmu Newbie

Question Still Buggin on 3.40 oe-a

Ok geeks N Nerds..
    Still hangs on a Blue screen.
    I have an orginal 1.50 psp with the new 3.40 oe-a and it is NOT a ta-82.

There is a Mapthis spelled in ascii icons on a blue screen and says " usb accessory loading......"
    Then shuts down ( soft brick ).

I have set the kernel to 1.50

Directory tree is as follows

psp/game150/mapviewer/

I have the eboot where is it supposed to be
    I have put the software in both game directories
    when in the psp/game340 folder, the usb loader hangs and psp dies.
    Switching kernels dose not solve the problem.
    Switching back to 1.50 kernel starts to load the psp-290 driver but again soft bricks the psp.

I have used the downloads metioned above in this thread, and done so repetedly, even formatted the 2 g stick 3x's..
    Sign me confused..
    pops

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information